We took a chance on this industry in 1989, two people determined to start a business and provide a service that would be valuable to others. We chose electronics contract manufacturing because of our experience in the area, and because we believed we could do a better job of providing assembly services and creating customer relationships than many other companies already in the field.
Over the years, our belief has been confirmed. Our customer base has expanded again and again along with the size of our crew, square footage and equipment list. There have been many challenges along the way: booms and busts, outsourcing to foreign countries at the expense of the U.S. economy, and of course, plenty of local competition. In the twenty-some years of our existence, we believe we've come to be among the soundest companies in our field.
Areas of Expertise
• Prototyping: Our technical staff has the skills and experience to assist you in the product development stage. Our DFM/DFT input is borne from years of skill and experience, with your time-to-market strategy and ease of manufacturing in mind.
• SMT: Our SMT unit is equipped to handle your custom assembly requirements, from the prototype stage through full production, leaded or lead-free. We provide a wide range of SMT assembly services including single and double-sided, fine pitch, BGA & micro-BGA, and mixed-technology.
• Box Build: We can configure our box build area to support your product's specific requirements. It can be as simple as installing the assembly into its case, or as complete as packaging and shipping it to your distributor.
• Supply Chain: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to a customer's supply chain requirements. Schippers & Crew offers customized solutions to meet individual inventory levels and delivery demands.
• X-Ray Inspection: Ship your product overnight and get test results the following day.
• Turnkey: Give us your bill of materials and we'll take it from there. We'll procure the components for your build based on your delivery schedule using our purchasing power to achieve the best value and service from suppliers.
• Consigned: Consigned assembly begins with our Kit Audit department where components are verified against your bill of materials. Inconsistencies are noted immediately to help ensure a smooth and timely assembly process.
• Though-hole: We have wave soldering and selective soldering equipment in both leaded and lead-free lines.
• Cable and Wire Assembly: We provide assembly and testing of a wide variety of cable and wire harness assemblies. We are equipped with wire cut-and-strip equipment, crimping machines, presses, and a variety of hand tools.
• Test and Engineering: Based on your technical documentation our engineers will work with you to define a testing strategy that best suits your product's complexity and production volumes.