Sun Advanced Product Testing Lab in Longmont, Colorado, is a fully equipped
environmental test laboratory. Sun Advanced Product Testing Lab employs the use of vibration, shock, altitude
and temperature/humidity test machines to perform evaluations on products and
package systems. All are designed, built and utilized to perform testing in
accordance with NEBS, ASTM, ISTA, MIL-SPEC 810, RTCA/DO-160, UN/DOT HAZ-MAT and
Vision Statement: To be the pre-eminent provider of package design and product testing services in the Rocky Mountain region.
- Laboratory spans over 31,000 square feet.
- Lab contains the most sophisticated and diversified equipment in the country.
- Single source for dynamic, climatic testing as well as protective package consulting, design and test services.
- Extreme ranges in test specimen size, weight and test severity levels are Sun Advanced Product Testing Lab's specialty.
- Mechanical shock inputs from operational hazards, transportation to seismic events are genuinely reproduced on Sun Advanced Product Testing Lab test machines to evaluate product susceptibility and package performance.
- Multi-axial testing is available to meet particular test specification requirements.
- 12 engineers with over 150 years of combined experience and degrees in packaging, mechanical & chemical engineering.
- Multiple shock TABLEs of different sizes and capacity, several vibration TABLEs, a horizontal impact tester, compression testers, a complete prototyping modeling shop, and several corrugated testing devices.
- Assistance throughout your product design cycle, including early mechanical design and evaluation, fragility assessment, package design prototyping, and package validation testing.
- The lab is ISTA certified and tests to numerous standards such as MIL-STD 810,RTCA/DO-160, ASTM, NMF Rule 180 claims arbitration, ISTA, EDS 6-1, MEER, and customer unique specifications. In addition, Sun Advanced Product Testing Lab is one of very few Dell certified labs in North America.