Founded in 1965, Toshiba America, Inc. (TAI) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Toshiba Corporation and the holding company of six Toshiba operating companies that offer a broad range of products and solutions for the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. With over 50 years' experience in the US, we provide solutions for the diverse industries we serve.
Along with TAI, the six companies that are known collectively as Toshiba America Group are:
• Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (Semiconductor and storage solutions)
• Toshiba America Energy Systems Corporation (Power generation solutions)
• Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (Digital products)
• Toshiba America Nuclear Energy Corporation (Nuclear power solutions)
• Toshiba International Corporation (Industrial, power electronics & transmission & distribution solutions)
• Toshiba America Research, Inc. (R&D).
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) has a production facility in Mitchell, South Dakota, where they manufacture toner for photocopiers.
In Houston, Texas, Toshiba International Corporation (TIC) has a facility where they produce high-performance drive motors for hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs) along with motors and drives for industrial applications.
Toshiba America Research, Inc (TARI) R&D activities focus on Big Data technologies in the areas of Healthcare & Building Systems. Big Data offers the potential to recognize previously unknown correlations and predict outcomes from the data.