Transportation. CoorsTek offers a line of special ceramics that take advantage of higher dielectric properties, such as GPS and microwave applications. These applications are becoming more extensively used in the transportation industry for location and guidance systems. Through CoorsTek, California... [See More]
- Material Type: Alumina
- Shape / Form: WaferSubstrate; Custom Shape
- Composition: 99.6% Alumina
- Thermal Conductivity: 26.6
from Insaco, Inc.
Alumina (Al2O3) is one of the most widely specified, general-purpose technical ceramics. All aluminas are very hard and wear resistant, with high compressive strength even against extreme temperatures and corrosive environments. Aluminas are also excellent electrical insulators and are gas tight. [See More]
- Material Type: Alumina; SpecialtyMaterial
- Max Use Temperature: 1700
- Shape / Form: Tube (optional feature); WaferSubstrate (optional feature); Hollow Stock (Tube, Pipe, Column) (optional feature); Plate / Board (optional feature); Custom Shape
- Thermal Conductivity: 18
from OMEGA Engineering, Inc.
•. Available in a Wide Range of Sizes. •. Single Hole, Two Hole and Four Hole Insulators. •. Service Temperature up to 1950 °C(3540 °F) with OMEGATITE ® 450 [See More]
- Material Type: Alumina; Mullite (optional feature); SpecialtyMaterial
- Shape / Form: Tube
- Composition: 99.8% Al2O3, 99% Al2O3, 80% Mullite, 20% Glass
- Length: 6
from San Jose Delta Associates, Inc.
Aluminum Nitride - AlN, is most often the material of choice due to its relatively excellent thermal conductivity and non-toxic nature. Because San Jose Delta has a segregated beryllium oxide - BeO department with over 20 years of experience fabricating common microwave designs such as helix support... [See More]
- Material Type: Aluminum Nitride; SpecialtyMaterial
- Thermal Conductivity: 170 to 200
- Shape / Form: Rod; Custom Shape
- CTE: 5
from Corning Specialty Materials
MACOR machinable glass ceramic has excellent physical properties, high dielectric strength, and electrical resistivity; and it withstands high temperature while providing tight tolerance capability. It is non-porous and non-shrinking, and can be machined into complicated shapes and precision parts... [See More]
- Material Type: Silicate / Clay; Glass Ceramics
- Max Use Temperature: 800
- Shape / Form: Rod; Plate / Board
- Thermal Conductivity: 1.46
from Materion Corporation
Materion Ceramics has the capabilities to manufacture complex and custom designs by the addition of a variety of machining functions. Input material used for customized products can be dry pressed, isopressed or extruded in form and consist of Materion Ceramics' BW1000 "high strength" material. [See More]
- Material Type: Beryllia / Beryllium Oxide; SpecialtyMaterial
- Thermal Conductivity: 275 to ?
- Shape / Form: Custom Shape
- CTE: 16.2
from Superior Technical Ceramics Corp.
Plate sizes can be made to various thicknesses. Standard thicknesses are .125", .250", .375", .500", .625", .750", and 1.00". Not all plates can be made to the thicknesses listed above. Please contact us for the maximum thickness that can be manufactured for your desired plate size. [See More]
- Material Type: Alumina
- Length: 2.11
- Shape / Form: Plate / Board
- Width / Diameter: 2.11