As products evolve, it is natural that new systems, sources, and streams of data will be introduced. It has never been more important for organizations to have a single source of truth to this data.
Jabil, a global manufacturing services company, reveals how they transitioned from managing product data in excel spreadsheets to having state of the art digital design sharing capabilities. In under two years, and with a very small team, Jabil implemented PLM based Bills of Material and part-centric design to transform their product development process. The result? More products to market faster, lower costs, better customer collaboration, and higher customer satisfaction.
In this webcast, Mark Mitchell, Sr. Manager Global PLM of Jabil, and Graham Birch, Sr. Director Solution Management at PTC, will share:
- The importance of adopting a part-centric approach to product design
- A play-by-play on achieving product structure in under six months
- Ways to harmonize global engineering, manufacturing, and the enterprise
- The benefits, best practices, and challenges of digital transformation
- Learn the importance of adopting a part-centric approach to product design
- Understand how Jabil's transition from Agile PLM to Windchill resulted in faster time to market, reduced costs and improved customer satisfaction
Mark has 30+ years of experience supporting FA&D, life sciences and various manufacturing clients. His strengths are strong leadership supporting digital engineering new product development, process development, change management, advance supply chain and integrated manufacturing solutions.
Mark joined Jabil Circuit in January 2015 as Sr. Manager, Global PLM IT Production Systems. He has held positions responsible for managing PTC Windchill PLM environments since 2000.
Graham Birch is the Senior Director of PLM Solutions at PTC, responsible for core Windchill (Change, Configuration Management, Collaboration, Project Management, Search, Classification, Supplier Management and Windchill runtime). Graham started his career in the UK after graduating from the University of Manchester Institute of Science & Engineering. He has 30 years industry experience and his past roles include Applications Engineer, Implementation Consultant, Director of R&D for PLM products.