Frequency control technology has evolved over the years, and now MEMS oscillators are gaining momentum and finding many applications around the world as replacements for traditional crystal-based solutions. The Silicon Labs Si50x family of oscillators, based on patented CMEMS technology, brings to market devices that are quickly sampled and used, and provide excellent reliability and stability over a 10 year period. This presentation will focus on key advantages regarding the device family, how it compares with traditional XO devices, and on key applications for devices in the family in areas such as home and office automation, industrial automation, and consumer products.
The presentation will include demonstrations of the devices' performance and stability as they are subjected to hot and cold stress tests.
- applications (-40 °C to 85 °C); available in industry-standard 4-pin DFN packages
Instantaneous field-programmed samples can be configured directly at your site. Or configure devices online for rapid, factory-programmed delivery within 2 weeks.
- Learn about the evolution of frequency control technology
- Compare MEMS vs. crystal oscillator technology
- Understand how MEMS resonators provide superior stability, shock and vibration immunity
- View examples of performance and stability, including both hot and cold stress tests
Wade Gillham serves as marketing director for Silicon Labs' timing products, overseeing global marketing activities for the company's CMEMS oscillators and consumer and embedded clocks and buffers. Mr. Gillham joined Silicon Labs in 2004 as a product marketing manager focusing on the Broadcast Audio products. Previously, he worked at Freescale Semiconductor and Dell Corporation in Austin, Texas.