ASME's PRESSURE TECHNOLOGY CODES AND STANDARDS
Since 1914, ASME's legendary Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) has pioneered modern standards-development -- bringing safety, efficiency and reliability to boilers and related components. It has been incorporated into the laws of all U.S. and Canadian jurisdictions. More than 100,000 copies of the BPVC are in use in 100 countries world-wide.
ASME's Pressure Technology codes and standards include:
• BPVC, Sections I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII
• B31 Series on Piping
• B16 Series on Valves, Flanges and Gaskets
• FSS Series on Fitness-for-Service
• PCC Series on Post-Construction
ASME's NUCLEAR CODES AND STANDARDS
ASME has played a vital role in supporting the nuclear industry since its inception, when ASME codes, standards and conformity assessment programs -- developed for fossil fuel-fired plants -- were applied to nuclear power-plant construction. Its Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components marks 50 years in 2013. Half of the world's nuclear power plants incorporate all or portions of ASME nuclear codes and standards in their construction, operation, and/or maintenance.
ASME's Nuclear codes and standards include:
• BPVC, Sections III and XI
• NQA-1, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
• AG-1, Nuclear Air and Gas Treatment
• OM Series for Operation and Maintenance of Nuclear Power Plants
• RAS-S, Probabilistic Risk Assessment for Nuclear Power Plant Applications
ASME maintains a full complement of referenced codes and standards, conformity assessment programs, training courses, technical publications, professional conferences, and more. Visit: www.asme.org/kb/standards.