Products & ServicesSee also:
Supplier: ASTM International
Description: A Method for Determining the Tensile Properties and Anisotropy of Aluminum Alloys Volume 15, Issue 4 (July 1987) Current industrial design practices place emphasis on properties in order to ensure that a product provides structural integrity. Mechanical properties are largely influencedShow More
Standards and Technical Documents - ANSI H35.1 Standard Document -- ALLOY AND TEMPER DESIGNATION SYSTEMS FOR ALUMINUM
Description: Description / Abstract This standard provides systems for designating wrought aluminum and wrought aluminum alloys, aluminum and aluminum alloys in the form of castings and foundry ingot, and the tempers in which aluminum and aluminum alloy wrought products and aluminum alloy castings are producedShow More
Description: Silver. There are over 100 recognized casting alloys, and more than 400 wrought Aluminum alloy designations. Aluminum alloys are very versatile, since stiffness, strength, corrosion resistance, machinability, and other properties can be tailored by alloy selection and heat treatments. Category Forms
- Standards / Specifications: AA / IADS, Casting Grade (ICI, etc.)
- Shape / Form: Ingot
- Features: Corrosion Resistant
Description: temperatures while saving valuable time and energy. Applications Used to enhance properties of Aluminum Alloys to increase Fluidity, Hardness, & Castability Forms Slab, Waffle, Ingot, Lumps
- Standards / Specifications: Casting Grade (ICI, etc.)
- Shape / Form: Billet / Slab / Bloom
- Applications: Abrasive / Erosive Wear Protection
Supplier: OMEGA Engineering, Inc.
Description: OMEGATITE®650 is an alloy of silicon nitride and aluminum oxide. This superior refractory material has the combined properties of silicon nitride (high strength, hardness, fracture toughness, and low thermal expansion) and aluminum oxide (corrosion resistance, chemically inert, high temperature
- Aluminum Oxide / Aluminate Type: Alumina / Aluminum Oxide
- Shape / Form: Tube Stock
- Length: 5.91 to 23.62 inch
- Width / O.D.: 0.4921 to 1.1 inch
Supplier: High Performance Alloys, Inc.
Description: temp anneal. The 800H modification was to control carbon (0.05 to 0.10%) and grain size to (>ASTM 5) to optimize stress rupture properties. Incoloy 800 H has further modifications to the combined titanium and aluminum levels (0.85 to 1.2%) to ensure optimum high temperature properties. The alloy
- Metal / Alloy Types: Metal / Metal Alloys, All Types, Ferrous / Iron Based, Alloy Steel (UNS G), Super Alloy, Alloy
- Standards / Specifications: ASTM / ASME, UNS
- Shape / Form: Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock, Profile / Structural Shape, Other
- Features: Heat Resistant / Hot Work
Supplier: R. S. Hughes Company, Inc.
Description: or aluminum alloys. Zinc Anti-Seize also provides corrosion protection for both aluminum and ferrous metal (iron Base) components. Within a metal threaded connection, it acts like an (TM)internal galvanize(TM) using the electrochemical properties of the zinc dust to protect iron surfaces.
- Type: Anti-Seize / Thread Compound
Supplier: OMEGA Engineering, Inc.
Description: OMEGATITE® 650 is the ceramic sheath which is an alloy of silicon nitride and aluminum oxide. This superior refractory material has the combined properties of silicon nitride (high strength, hardness, fracture toughness, and low thermal expansion) and aluminum oxide (corrosion resistance
- Base Metal Type: K, N
- Style: Full Length 2-hole Insulator
- Length: 18.75 inch
- Gauge: Other
Supplier: Phillips 66 Lubricants
Description: Antiwear Machine Oil For Fabrication Of Aluminum Products High Pressure Machine Oil is a high-quality antiwear lubricating oil developed for use in the fabrication of high-strength aluminum and aluminum alloy plates and sheets, such as those used in commercial and military aircraft, the aerospace
- Function / Application: Metal Forming
- Chemistry / Constituents: Petroleum / Mineral Oil
- Flash Point: 419 F
Description: Brazing Alloys Featuring Holtite Alloys and Miter-Al-Braze Alloys for Aluminum Metal Joining Brazing is a metal joining process whereby a filler metal is heated above the melting point and distributed between two or more close fitting parts by capillary action. The filler metal is brought
- Brazing Filler Alloys: Other
- Form / Shape: Strip / Sheet / Foil
Supplier: Himmelstein, S. and Company
Description: strain gage level output (suffix M), or an already conditioned and amplified output ±10 Vdc (suffix V). Low capacity units have aluminum alloy torsion elements. Larger units employ 15-5 PH elements; a high strength stainless steel with outstanding transducer properties. All models
- Maximum Torque: 0.0391 to 100000 In-lbs
- Temperature Compensation: Yes
- Torque Sensor Type: Reaction
- Technology: Strain Gauge
Supplier: Victrex plc.
Description: it a great choice for aerospace applications. VICTREX PEEK polymers may successfully replace metals such as aluminum, titanium, magnesium, brass, corrosion-resistant (CRES) or stainless steel and specialty alloys because it offers a unique combination of mechanical, thermal and tribological properties
- Chemical / Polymer System Type: PEEK
- Thermoplastic: Yes
- Filler Material: Carbon / Graphite, Fiber Glass
- Material Type / Grade: Flame Retardant (e.g. UL 94 Rated)
Supplier: Dexter Magnetic Technologies, Inc.
Description: applications, Alnico magnets can be temperature stabilized to minimize these effects. Alnico magnet material is made by alloying aluminum, nickel and cobalt with iron. Some grades also contain copper and/or titanium. The alloying process is casting or sintering. The process and the heat treatment needed
- Permanent Magnet Materials: AlNiCo (Aluminum-Nickel-Cobalt)
- Maximum Energy Product, BHmax: 1.5 MGOe
- Residual Induction, Br: 7000 Gauss
- Coercive Force, Hc: 560 Gauss
Supplier: High Performance Alloys, Inc.
Description: MONEL K500 is a age-hardenable Nickel-Copper alloy which combines the corrosion resistance of Alloy 400 with high strength corrosion fatigue and erosion resistance. MONEL K500 is a nickel-copper alloy, precipitation hardenable through additions of aluminum and titanium. MONEL K500 retains
- Metal / Alloy Types: Metal / Metal Alloys, All Types, Non-ferrous, Nickel / Nickel Alloy (UNS N), Other / Miscellaneous Nonferrous (UNS M), Super Alloy, Alloy
- Standards / Specifications: AMS, ASTM / ASME, UNS
- Shape / Form: Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock, Profile / Structural Shape, Bar Stock, Squares / Square Bar, Other
- Features: Corrosion Resistant
Description: A wrought aluminum-nickel-iron-copper alloy exceeding the minimum requirements of ASTM. The material is recommended for heavier-duty applications involving wear and fatigue. Uses include: cams, bushings, bearing retainer cages, valve stems and guides, sleeve bearings. AMPCO® 483 alloy
- Metal / Alloy Types: Copper, Brass or Bronze Alloy (UNS C)
- Alloy: Yes
- Shape / Form: Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock, Profile / Structural Shape, Bar Stock, Rod / Round Bar Stock
- Features: Corrosion Resistant, Heat Resistant / Hot Work, Wear Resistant / High Speed
Description: and tribological requirements. Traditional hot working steels using alloy additives such as chromium and molybdenum do not live up to expectations. So what can be done? Anyone wishing to save money and increase productivity in the aluminum casting process should use top-quality materials for the molds
- Shape / Form: Fabricated Parts / Shapes, Other
Standards and Technical Documents - WELDING CONSUMABLES - WIRE ELECTRODES, WIRES AND RODS FOR WELDING OF ALUMINUM AND ALUMINUM-ALLOYS - CLASSIFICATION -- AWS A5.10/A5.10MSupplier: American Welding Society (AWS)
Description: This standard specifies requirements for classification of solid wires and rods for fusion welding of aluminum and aluminum alloys. The classification of the solid wires and rods is based on their chemical composition. Safety and health issues and concerns are beyond the scope of this standardShow More
Description: it easy to fasten the rail to optical tables independent of existing hole patterns, using either M6 or ¼" screws. The FLS 65 rail is available in lengths from 200 mm to 1500 mm. Material: aluminum alloy, black anodized Mass: 1,8 kg/m Straightness: 0,6 mm/m Torsion: < 0.2°/m
- Units: Metric
- Length: 7.87 to 59.06 inch
- Width: 2.56 inch
- Height / Thickness: 0.9843 inch
Description: AMPCO-TRODE 160 aluminum bronze coated electrodes produce a deposit of high strength and good ductility with a nominal hardness of 160 Brinell as applied by the shielded metal-arc process. AMPCO-TRODE 160 is recommended for joining aluminum bronzes (AMPCO 18), ferrous and dissimilar metals
- Welding Process / Form: Flux Coated / Stick
- Diameter / Thickness: 0.1250 to 0.1562 inch
- Alloy Type: Aluminum Alloy, Copper / Copper Alloy
- Tensile Strength (UTS): 89000 psi
Supplier: DeWAL Industries, Inc.
Description: DW 350CL is an unpigmented PTFE coated foil that features uniform thickness throughout and combine the properties of PTFE such as chemical resistance, wide operating temperatures, low coefficient of friction and low dielectric constant with the foil. Clear PTFE Coating Easy Release High
- Shape / Form: Foil, Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock
Description: AMPCO® 25 is a patented alloy which displays outstanding mechanical properties. The extreme hardness, linked with an excellent compressive strength and very good friction properties, makes it ideal as a forming and drawing die material. As the elongation of the material is nil, thin sections
- Material Choices: Metal Tubing
- Design Units: English, Metric
- Shape: Round
- Application: General Purpose
Supplier: Industrial Magnetics, Inc.
Description: Alnico magnet material is an alloy made up of aluminum, nickel, cobalt and copper, with a rough cast surface which can be ground to close dimensions and to a bright metallic finish. Alnico is electrically conducted, can be E.D.M.'d to form holes and shapes, and can be plated. Alnico is available
- Magnet Type: Individual Magnets
- Permanent Magnet Materials: NdFeB (Neodymium Iron Boron), Ceramic (Ferrite), AlNiCo (Aluminum-Nickel-Cobalt)
- Holding Force: 0.7500 to 15 lbs
- Geometry: Block / Bar, Rod, Round / Ring / Disc, Rotor / Poles
Standards and Technical Documents - Properties for Composite Materials in Hydrogen Service -- STP-PT-017 - 2008Supplier: ASME
Description: embrittlement resistance of AA6061-T6 aluminum alloy material typically used as a liner in composite-reinforced cylinder designs; determining whether composite-reinforced pressure vessels using plastic or thin-wall metallic liners were subject to distortion during the filament winding processShow More
Supplier: Lucas Milhaupt Global Brazing Solutions
Description: Handy Flo 700 is a system recommended exclusively for torch brazing aluminum. Flux binder series for the torch and induction brazing of aluminum. Typically formulated with 40% to 45% filler metal concentration by weight, these low temperature systems have excellent fluxing properties
- Fluxes & Cleaners: Brazing Flux
- Form / Shape: Paste
- Melting Range: 930 to 1100 F
Description: The Tetralon Bonded Bearing consists of a thin- wall section Tetralon Bearing bonded into a mild steel or aluminum shell. The Tetralon Bonded Bearing offers superior dry running operation with self lubrication, tighter tolerances, increased load and speed capabilities, improved thermal dissipationShow More
Description: AMPCO® 22 is a duplex structure alloy of approx. 50 % of each phase - gamma 2 and beta. It is remarkable because of its hardness, its excellent compression and wear resistance and by its sliding properties. As the elongation of the material is very low, thin sections should be avoided
- Metal / Alloy Types: Metal / Metal Alloys, All Types, Non-ferrous, Copper, Brass or Bronze Alloy (UNS C), Alloy
- Shape / Form: Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock, Profile / Structural Shape, Bar Stock, Billet / Slab / Bloom, Rod / Round Bar Stock
- Features: Wear Resistant / High Speed
- Tensile Strength (UTS, Break): 90000 psi
Description: targets and arc cathodes continually and improves the following material properties: Grain size and microstructure Ductility Material hardness Resistance to oxidation Coefficient of friction Temperature resistance We introduce further elements to perfect our aluminum chromium mix to meet your exactShow More
Supplier: General Magnaplate Corporation
Description: General Magnaplate's surface-enhancement coatings have been engineered to provide metal parts and other substrates with corrosion and chemical resistance, super-hardness and dry lubrication. These coatings impart properties that ensure longer life spans and greater reliability, consequently
- Thin Film Processes: Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), Titanium Nitride Coating
- Hard Coating / Treatment: Yes
- Material Selection / Design Assistance: Yes
- Research & Development: Yes
Description: Design engineers are often faced with the dilemma of material selection, and frequently, they find that a combination of materials provides the optimal properties required by the design. PA&E's explosive bonding process can join otherwise incompatible materials without compromising other design
- Cladding / Hardfacing Process: Explosive Bonding, Specialty / Other
- Hardening / Heat Treatment: Yes
- Materials: Aluminum, Braze, Carbide / Hardmetal, Composite / Metal Matrix, Copper / Copper Alloy, Nickel / Nickel Alloy, Precious Metal (Gold, Silver), Refractory Metal, Solder, Steel - Stainless, Steel - High Carbon / Alloy, Steel - Tool, Titanium Alloy
- Function / Performance: Abrasion / Erosion Resistant, Blast Mitigation / Armor, Conductive / Electrical, Corrosion / Chemical Resistant (Rust Preventive), Heat Resistant / High Temperature, Impact Resistant, Magnetic, Non-magnetic, Wear / Tribology, Specialty / Other
Supplier: Alfa Laval Inc.
Description: and outstanding integration with other components. Highly efficient fan motors combine excellent sound characteristics and low energy consumption. Standard configuration Innovative coil design based on 8 mm copper tubes, Cu alloy connections and corrugated aluminium turbo fins provides excellent heat
- Applications: Refrigeration (Evaporator / Condenser)
- Maximum Working Pressure: 1740 psi
- Type: Air-Cooled, Shell and Tube
- Primary Exchanger Material: Aluminum, Copper
Description: Whenever high-alloy steels or aluminium materials have to be joined, uniform, clean weld connections are essential. With tungsten-inert gas (TIG) welding, that's not a problem. In this process, an arc is generated between a tungsten electrode and the workpieces. The arc heats the materials
- Material: Aluminum / Aluminum Alloy
- Form / Shape: Application Specific / Custom, Rod Stock
- OD / Width : 0.0394 to 0.1890 inch
- Length: 5.91 to 6.89 inch
Description: solution is known as tungsten NS (for "non sag"). Our tungsten wire deserves its name due to its high creep resistance. We manufacture filaments for halogen lamps from dimensionally stable fine wire. Our tungsten NS (W NS) wire is doped with aluminum and potassium silicate. By adding 60 to 65 ppm
- Shape / Form: Wire / Shaped Wire
Supplier: Materion Corporation
Description: Materion Brush Beryllium & Composites’ AlBeMet® is an alloy of aluminum and beryllium that provides a set of physical and mechanical properties significantly superior to those of conventional aluminum alloys, specifically in terms of thermal management, dimensional stability
- Shape / Form: Rod / Round Bar Stock, Sheet, Bar Stock, Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock
- Processing & Finish: Hardened / Heat Treated
- Applications: Aerospace / Aircraft (AQ), Structural
- Features: Powdered Metal (Compacted)
Find Suppliers by Category Top
Featured Products Top
Belmont Metals, Inc.
Belmont Metals - Brass & Bronze
Brass and Bronze. Featuring Silicon Bronze Everdur, Silicon Brass, Special H Silicon Brass, Art Casters Brass, White Bronze, and many other different Brass alloys meeting CDA specifications. Brass is an alloy containing Zinc as the principal alloying element with or without other designated alloys such as Tin, Aluminum, Nickel, and Lead . By Comparison Bronze is principally an alloy of Copper and Tin. Bronze does not necessarily contain Tin, and a variety of alloys of Copper, including alloys... (read more)
Browse Copper, Brass, and Bronze Alloys Datasheets for Belmont Metals, Inc.
R. STAHL, Inc.
The Most Compact Fire Alarm Station on the Market!
Fire Alarm Stations. The XPPS Series explosion proof fire alarm stations are the most compact fire alarm station on the market. Made of high strength metal die aluminum cast alloy, the R. STAHL series explosion proof fire alarm stations come standard with many features. Terminal block connections, D.P.D.T. contacts @ 10 amps,. Standard Hex Key reset mechanism or optional key reset. Standard T-Pull handle, with optional break glass with solid brass hammer and chain, or lift and pull cover... (read more)
Browse Fire Suppression Systems Datasheets for R. STAHL, Inc.
Validated Aerospace Metallic Materials Properties
density or light weight alloys including aluminum alloys, magnesium alloys and titanium alloys. Low maintenance or corrosion resistant alloys are covered in sections 10 and 12. Ferrous alloys and aircraft quality steels are listed in sections 10 and 11. Section 8 contains data on heat resisting alloys. Section 7 provides data on copper alloys. ESDU Aerospace Materials Data Sets. MMDH - Metallic Materials Data Handbook. MMPDS - Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization.  ... (read more)
Browse Standards and Technical Documents Datasheets for IHS ESDU
Checkers Industrial Safety Products, Inc.
LED Flare Kit for Improving Roadside Safety
for 6 to 8 hours between charges. Checkers' LED Flares are made with a heavy duty, weatherproof aluminum alloy housing that can withstand up to 20,000 lbs. They have no switches or moving parts that could break off and are waterproof up to a depth of 15 feet. Checkers' Flares include durable traction pads on the underside to help prevent movement if the flare is run over by a vehicle. The safety of people and property is the number one priority at Checkers. According to Ray Torres, Checkers... (read more)
Browse Warning Lights Datasheets for Checkers Industrial Safety Products, Inc.
ESDU Structures Design Collection
materials and their properties. MMDH. The Metallic Materials Data Handbook (MMDH) originated as a UK Defence Standard and is the British/European counterpart to MMPDS. It presents design data for ~500 British and European Aerospace specification materials Physical, mechanical and characteristic properties, along with composition and other data, are provided for aluminum alloys, copper alloys, heat resisting alloys, magnesium alloys, corrosion resisting and non-corrosion resisting steels... (read more)
Browse Technical Books Datasheets for IHS ESDU
Conduct Research Top
Novel Manufacturing Technique Produces Parts Lighter and Stronger than Aluminum
for a tiny radio, for example). The magnesium is a combination of AZ91D and AM60B alloys. MAG produces parts lighter and stronger than aluminum. MAG parts have low porosity, good surface finishes, excellent strength-to-weight ratios, and built-in EMI/RFI shielding. In addition, the parts have low shrinkage
More Information Top
Corrosion Resistance of Aluminum and Magnesium Alloys: Understanding Performance and Testing Complete Document
Table 4.4 General Properties of Cast Aluminum Alloys Property Tensile strength, MPa (ksi) Yield strength, MPa (ksi) Elongation, % Hardness, HB Electrical conductivity, %IACS Thermal conductivity, W/m K at 25 C (Btu in./h ft2 F at 77 F) Fatigue limit …
Properties of Wrought Aluminum Alloys Property data on aluminum alloys are of two basic types: · Typical property values .
Parametric Analyses of High-Temperature Data for Aluminum Alloys
aluminum alloy properties overview, 1 .
Modeling of Alternative Compositions of Recycled Wrought Aluminum Alloys
MODELING OF WROUGHT ALUMINUM ALLOY PROPERTIES AS A FUNCTION OF THEIR CHEMICAL COMPOSITION .
The Handbook of Advanced Materials: Enabling New Designs Complete Document
TABLE 9.13 ASTM Test Methods for Mechanical Properties of Aluminum Alloys Property Tensile strength Shear strength Plane s train fracture toughness ASTM Test Method B557 B565 B645 .
Automotive Applications Using Advanced Aluminum Die Casting Processes
2 Theory of Squeeze Casting , Manual from UBE Industries , UBE , Japan , 1993 3 Corbit S. and DasGupta R. , “Squeeze Cast Automotive Applications and Squeeze Cast Aluminum Alloy Properties ,” presented at 1999 SAE Congress (paper # 1999-01-0343 ) 4 Young K …