Products & ServicesSee also:
Description: These SKF piston seals incorporate patented locking anti-extrusion rings made of polyamide (PA). They are split for easy installation. Their snap-in design makes it easy to identify the correct installation direction, holds them in place when installed and prevents damage during assembly. Piston
- Back-up Ring is Contoured: Yes
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: Nitrile (NBR - Buna-N), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE- Teflon®, etc.)
Supplier: Hi-Tech Seals, Inc.
Description: The primary function of anti-extrusion rings is to take up space in a groove, and/or prevent extrusion of material at high pressures. Anti-extrusion rings can also be used to assist seals where exaggerated clearance gaps are an issue. The determining factors when selecting anti-extrusion ring
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: Fluoroelastomer (FKM - Viton®, Fluorel®, etc.), Nitrile (NBR - Buna-N), Polyetheretherketone (PEEK), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE- Teflon®, etc.), Polyurethane / Urethane
Supplier: Greene, Tweed & Co.
Description: Greene, Tweed’s new 43 back-up ring series has been specifically designed for use in AS5857 gland configurations as anti-extrusion devices in conjunction with O-rings, packings or other elastomeric seal types. A variety of high-performance materials can be provided and specifically targeted
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE- Teflon®, etc.)
Supplier: KC Seals, Inc.
Description: Relatively hard, high modulus ring (or similar device) placed in the gland between the O-ring and the groove side walls, to prevent extrusion of the seal into the clearance gap; also known as a back-up ring. Our styles can vary from standard to custom designed sizes. K.C. Seals has been supplyingShow More
Supplier: Greene, Tweed & Co.
Description: that retains the seal within the gland for ease of assembly and field repairs. At zero or low pressure the Static Face Seal’s elastomeric element functions as a positive sealing element, much like an O-ring. As pressure builds, this element transmits system pressure to the anti-extrusion ring
- Construction: All Rubber or Polymer
- Shaft O.D. or Seal I.D.: 0.0340 to 4.05 inch
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: EPDM, Fluoroelastomer (FKM - Viton®, Fluorel®, etc.), Flourosilicone (FVMQ, FMQ, FPM, FSI), Nitrile (NBR - Buna-N)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 10000 psi
Supplier: Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
Description: to rolling and an effective platform to position and energise the anti-extrusion rings. T-Seals have been used extensively in arduous aircraft applications, both as Rod and Piston seals, where long life and zero leakage are requirements. A full range of sizes are offered to suit all MIL-G-5514F
- Sealing Orientation and Direction: Internal / Rod Seal, External / Piston Seal
- Sealing Action: Double Acting
- Composite Seals: Yes
- Shaft O.D. or Seal I.D.: 0.0760 to 15.97 inch
Standards and Technical Documents - Fluid power systems -- O-rings -- Part 4: Anti-extrusion rings (back-up rings) -- ISO 3601-4:2008
Description: ISO 3601-4:2008 specifies dimensions and tolerances for five types of anti-extrusion rings, which are also known as back-up rings: spiral type (T1); angle cut type (T2); solid type (T3); angle cut concave type (T4); solid concave type (T5). These anti-extrusion rings are for use with selectedShow More
Supplier: Bailey International LLC
Description: : Polyurethane, snap-in Piston Seal: 5-piece; (1 ea.) seal, (2 ea.) anti-extrusion rings, (2 ea.) wear bearings All Seals: Manufactured to US specifications Paint: Red. Custom colors are available. Packaging: Individually poly bagged.
- Stroke: 30 inch
- Rated Load/Force: 5933 lbs
- Operating Pressure: 0.0 to 3000 psi
- Bore Size: 2 inch
Supplier: International Hydraulics
Description: durometer o-ring with anti-extrusion back-up washer to prevent leakage under high pressure and cycle loading. Rod Seal - Polyurethane U-Cup providing long wearing, positive seal. Rod Cap & Clevis Cap - Ductile iron comes with drilled oil passages, offering increased bearing surface for high shock and side
- Stroke: 8 inch
- Rated Load/Force: 37699 lbs
- Bore Size: 4 inch
- Shaft Diameter: 1.38 inch
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
Unique Straddle Design for Placement Inside Damaged Downhole Safety Valve Nipple Seal Area
In addition each element is equipped with expanding anti - extrusion back-up rings on both sides, trapping the element so it has nowhere to go when differential pressure is applied.