Supplier: Hi-Tech Seals, Inc.
Description: The primary function of anti-extrusion rings is to take up space in a groove, and/or prevent extrusion of material at high pressures. Anti-extrusion rings can also be used to assist seals where exaggerated clearance gaps are an issue. The determining factors when selecting anti-extrusion ring
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: Fluoroelastomer (FKM - Viton®, Fluorel®, etc.), Nitrile (NBR - Buna-N), Polyetheretherketone (PEEK), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE- Teflon®, etc.), Polyurethane / Urethane
Supplier: Greene, Tweed & Co.
Description: Greene, Tweed’s new 43 back-up ring series has been specifically designed for use in AS5857 gland configurations as anti-extrusion devices in conjunction with O-rings, packings or other elastomeric seal types. A variety of high-performance materials can be provided and specifically targeted
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE- Teflon®, etc.)
Supplier: KC Seals, Inc.
Description: Relatively hard, high modulus ring (or similar device) placed in the gland between the O-ring and the groove side walls, to prevent extrusion of the seal into the clearance gap; also known as a back-up ring. Our styles can vary from standard to custom designed sizes. K.C. Seals has been supplying
Supplier: Greene, Tweed & Co.
Description: that retains the seal within the gland for ease of assembly and field repairs. At zero or low pressure the Static Face Seal’s elastomeric element functions as a positive sealing element, much like an O-ring. As pressure builds, this element transmits system pressure to the anti-extrusion ring
- Construction: All Rubber or Polymer
- Shaft O.D. or Seal I.D.: 0.0340 to 4.05 inch
- Sealing Element or Lip Material: EPDM, Fluoroelastomer (FKM - Viton®, Fluorel®, etc.), Flourosilicone (FVMQ, FMQ, FPM, FSI), Nitrile (NBR - Buna-N)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 10000 psi
Supplier: Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
Description: The Turcon® T-Seal consists of a T-shaped elastomeric sealing element supported by a Turcon® Back-up ring on both sides. The T-Seal provides a stable base, the semi-circular lip configuration ensuring positive sealing. The side flanges, which form the seal base, offer excellent resistance
- Sealing Orientation and Direction: Internal / Rod Seal, External / Piston Seal
- Sealing Action: Double Acting
- Composite Seals: Yes
- Shaft O.D. or Seal I.D.: 0.0760 to 15.97 inch
Standards and Technical Documents - Fluid power systems -- O-rings -- Part 4: Anti-extrusion rings (back-up rings) -- ISO 3601-4:2008
Description: ISO 3601-4:2008 specifies dimensions and tolerances for five types of anti-extrusion rings, which are also known as back-up rings: spiral type (T1); angle cut type (T2); solid type (T3); angle cut concave type (T4); solid concave type (T5). These anti-extrusion rings are for use with selected
Supplier: IHS Product Design
Description: FLUID POWER SYSTEMS - O-RINGS - PART 4: ANTI-EXTRUSION RINGS (BACK-UP RINGS)
Supplier: International Hydraulics
Description: durometer o-ring with anti-extrusion back-up washer to prevent leakage under high pressure and cycle loading. Rod Seal - Polyurethane U-Cup providing long wearing, positive seal. Rod Cap & Clevis Cap - Ductile iron comes with drilled oil passages, offering increased bearing surface for high shock
- Stroke: 20 inch
- Rated Load/Force: 14025 lbs
- Bore Size: 2.5 inch
- Shaft Diameter: 1.25 inch
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
Unique Straddle Design for Placement Inside Damaged Downhole Safety Valve Nipple Seal Area
In addition each element is equipped with expanding anti - extrusion back-up rings on both sides, trapping the element so it has nowhere to go when differential pressure is applied.