Supplier: ASTM International
Description: The Analysis and Control of Distortion in Carbonitrided and Nitrocarburized Thin-Shelled Plain Carbon Steel Automotive Powertrain Components Volume 6, Issue 3 (March 2009) Gaseous ferritic nitrocarburizing was investigated as a replacement for the carbonitriding process currently used to improve
Standards and Technical Documents - Guide to the selection of surface treatments for the improvement of fatigue strength of steels. -- 89031Supplier: IHS ESDU
Description: , and thermochemical treatments (carburising, carbonitriding, nitriding and ferritic nitrocarburising) that enhance the surface properties and also induce the compressive stresses through the expansion due to chemical change at the surface. Tables summarise the major advantages and limitations of each
Standards and Technical Documents - Sintered metal materials, excluding hardmetals -- Determination of apparent hardness and microhardness -- ISO 4498:2010
Description: , therefore applies to materials in which the hardness is obtained essentially by surface enrichment by carbon, or by carbon and nitrogen (for example, by carburizing, carbonitriding, nitrocarburizing or sulphidizing), and applies to materials which have been induction hardened. Procedure 2 determines
Supplier: Weiss Industries, Inc.
Description: . Operations . Quench and Temper . Tool Steel Hardening . Carburizing . Solution Treatments . Carbonitriding . Precision Straightening . Normalizing . Precipitation Hardening . Annealing . Laboratory Services . Stress Relieving
- Heat Treating Processes: Annealing, Austempering, Carbonitriding, Carburizing, Case Hardening, Conventional Hardening (Quench & Temper), Martempering, Normalizing, Precipitation Hardening / Aging, Preheating / Weld Preheat, Shot Peening / Blasting, Solution Treating, Stress Relieving
- Equipment Capability: Furnace, Salt Bath
- Services Offered: Development Assistance, Finishing / Coating, Grinding / Machining, Laboratory Testing & Inspection, Packaging, Straightening, Trucking / Shipping
- Regional Preference: North America, United States Only, Midwest US Only
Description: pusher furnace designs are often imitated but never duplicated. Metallurgical Processes: Carburizing, Carbonitriding, Neutral Hardening, Ferritic Nitrocarburizing, Carbo Austempering, Annealing, Isothermal Annealing, Spheroidize Annealing, Normalizing, Stress Relieving, Solution Treating and Aging
Supplier: Metal Improvement Company
Description: No Description Provided
- Heat Treating Processes: Annealing, Austempering, Carbonitriding, Carburizing, Case Hardening, Conventional Hardening (Quench & Temper), Homogenizing, Martempering, Normalizing, Precipitation Hardening / Aging, Shot Peening / Blasting, Solution Treating, Spheroidizing, Stabilizing / Cryogenic Treating, Stress Relieving
- Equipment Capability: Furnace, Flame / Torch, Induction, Presses / Hot Presses, Protective Atmosphere, Salt Bath, Vacuum Heat Treating
- Services Offered: Development Assistance, Finishing / Coating, Laboratory Testing & Inspection, Packaging, Straightening, Trucking / Shipping
- Regional Preference: North America, United States Only, Northeast US Only, Southern US Only, Midwest US Only
Supplier: L&L Special Furnace Co., Inc.
Description: and recirculation muffle provide excellent temperature and gas uniformity. The furnace is extremely responsive and controllable allowing, for instance, very shallow case depths in carbonitriding, previously obtainable only in cyanide salt bath furnaces. The vertical downloading is ideal for long
- Process Temperature: 1796 F
- Height: 24 inch
- Configuration: Top Loading
- Atmosphere: Other
Supplier: Thermal Metal Treating, Inc.
Description: Thermal Metal Treating, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing and protecting our customers brand name. We do this by producing a system of quality controls that begin with the order entry and don't end until the product user is assured they have made the correct decision when purchasing the product. In
- Heat Treating Processes: Annealing, Carbonitriding, Carburizing, Case Hardening, Conventional Hardening (Quench & Temper), Normalizing, Precipitation Hardening / Aging, Solution Treating, Stabilizing / Cryogenic Treating, Stress Relieving
- Equipment Capability: Furnace, Induction, Protective Atmosphere
- Services Offered: Development Assistance, Finishing / Coating, Laboratory Testing & Inspection, Trucking / Shipping
- Regional Preference: North America, United States Only, Southern US Only
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
Carbonitriding Revised by Ion Dossett, Midland Metal Treating, Inc.
Failure Analysis of Heat Treated Steel Components
244 Fatigue Property Characteristics after Carbonitriding ......................................................
Surface Hardening of Steels: Understanding the Basics
Chapter 5 Carbonitriding . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Advances in Manufacturing Science and Engineering
Effects of Electrolyte Plasma Carbonitriding on Tribological Properties of High Speed Steel S.
Studying the wear resistance of carbonitrided workpieces
The Volzhskii Automobile Plant was one of the first to introduce carbonitriding in the manufacturing pro cess.
Practical Heat Treating
Carbonitriding is a case-hardening process in which a ferrous material (most often a low-carbon grade �
Abstract Nitriding and carbonitriding are the basic methods for surface strengthening of iron details and instruments made �
Carbonitriding of Bearing Components: Process and Resulting Properties Jan Slycke*, Aidan Kerrigan^ and Torsten Holm'' ' SKF �
Selected abstracts of heat treating literature September 1984�February 1985
On the Equilibrium of the Complex Atmosphere Used in Carburizing and Carbonitriding Treatments of Steels.
Selected abstracts of Heat Treating Literature January�August 1984
With an ammonia addi- tion, carbonitriding can be performed.
Encyclopedia of Tribology
? Carburizing and Carbonitriding .
Innovation Materials and Manufacturing Technologies, Economic Aspects in Enterprises
Effect of Electrolytic-Plasma Carbonitriding on Structure and Microhardness of Low Carbon Steel 18CrNi3Mo .
ASTM MPC12SUP1 - Thermal Process Modeling, Simulation, and Optimization Thermal Processing
Modeling the Carbonitriding of Steel .