Description: Easily and precisely notch test specimens for izod and charpy testing of plastic materials to ASTM and ISO specifications. Conforms to ASTM D256 & D6110; ISO 179 & 180 Variable cutter speed, Variable speed table feed rate. Air cooled notching area Replaceable diamond- tipped cutter
- Type: Specimen Jig / Mold
- Test Applications: Universal
- Standard: ASTM, ISO
- Operation: Electrical / Electromechanical
Description: The Model IT503 is a contained impact tester with an integrated Digital Display/Controller for a high degree of flexibility, accuracy & test data resolution to meet all testing needs. Pick and choose optional fixtures and weights to meet the testing requirements of your material. This system
Description: Model IT504 includes the Model 104 Digital Display/Controller for a high degree of flexibility, accuracy & test data resolution to meet all testing needs. Pick and choose optional fixtures and weights to meet the testing requirements of your material. This system does not require a separate PC
- Mechanical Test: Impact Toughness
- Display / Interface: Digital Readout / Interface
Supplier: Zwick USA
Description: PSW 750 - Pendulum Impact Testers up to 750 Joules The pendulum impact tester PSW 750 can be used for tests on metals to Charpy and impact tensile tests to all commonly used DIN, EN, ASTM, ISO and BS Standards. The basic unit consists of a vibration-damping steel casting, providing a high level
- Mechanical Test: Impact Toughness
- Test Speed: 213 in/sec
- Test Temperature: -310 to 356 F
- Display / Interface: Computer Interface
Supplier: Accutek Testing Laboratory
Description: Accutek's mechanical testing qualifications include: - Tensile (ounces to 60,000+ lbs) - Fatigue (axial, bending, torsion, roller chain) - Rotating Beam - Charpy Impact (NIST Certified) - Hardness (micro to Brinell, including Shore A) - Abrasion (Taber, micro-motion, porous coating) - Torque
- Capabilities: Certification, Component / Product Comparison, Failure Analysis / Troubleshooting, In-process / In-line Testing, Test Development, Test Fixtures / Equipment, Testing / Simulation, Specialty / Other
- Forms Tested / Certified: Components / Parts, Facilities / Capital Structures, Products, Samples or Materials, Other
- Services Offered: Dimensional Gaging / Metrology, Engineering / Design Verification (DVT), Specialty / Other
- Industry: Appliances, Aerospace / Avionics, Automotive, Battery / Energy Products, Building & Construction, Combustion Equipment, Health Care / Medical, HVAC, Plumbing and Lighting, Industrial / Machinery, Instrument & Sensors / Laboratory, Materials, Motors and Control Systems, Nuclear /
Supplier: Element Materials Technology
Description: test, also known as the Charpy v-notch test, is a standardized high strain-rate test which determines the amount of energy absorbed by a material during fracture. Element conducts sub-size Charpy impact testing and standard Charpy impact testing. Bend Testing determines the ductility
- Capabilities: Component / Product Testing, Component / Product Comparisons, Certification / Qualification, Engineering Verification Testing, Evaluation and Analysis, In-Process In-Line Testing, Performance Testing, Reliability / Robustness, Test Development, Test Fixtures / Equipment, Test Panel / Sample Prep
- Forms Tested: Components / Parts, Products (Equipment / Devices), Samples / Materials
- Test Services Offered: Tensile, Creep / Stress Relaxation, Fatigue / Cyclic, Flexure / Bending, Impact Toughness, Shear / Torsion
- Industry Applications: Aerospace / Avionics, Appliances, Automotive, Building & Construction, Battery / Energy Products, Coatings / Paint, Electrical / Electronics, Food / Drugs, Health Care / Medical, HVAC, Instruments / Sensors, Marine, Materials, Nuclear / Utility, Paper / Plastic Packaging, RF / Wireless
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
Mechanical Properties of Natural-Fibre-Mat- Reinforced Thermoplastics based on Flax Fibres and Polypropylene
servo-hydraulic testing machine equipped with a Charpy impact test fixture .
Methods for Improving the Impact Resistance of Composite Materials
Using an instrumented machine, load histories were compared with those ob- tained from quasi-static three-point bend tests performed on a fixture that closely simulates the Charpy test .
Fourier Transform Techniques—Fracture and Fatigue
The test fixture was designed in accordance with the British Welding Society for testing the fracture toughness of Charpy -size crack-opening displacement (COD) specimens .
Anomaly of Toughness Behavior with Notch-Root Radius
FIG. 1— Testing fixture for slow-bend Charpy specimen (1 in. = 25.4 mm).
Significance of Precracking Variables for Slow-Bend Charpy Tests
Precracked Charpy specimens were tested in three-point bend tests, using a bend test fixture with the geometry and dimensions recommended in ASTM Designation E 23-72 for Charpy impact testing .
Fractographic Comparison of Plane-Strain Fracture Toughness, Instrumented Precracked Charpy, and Slow-Bend Precracked Charpy Tests on a Quenched and Tempered A...
The Charpy test itself has been instrumented  so as to obtain an approxi- mate fracture toughness value.* Special fixtures [7,8] have been designed to test Charpy specimens under slow-bend conditions and obtain a toughness value in a strain rate...
ASTM E812 - Standard Test Method for Crack Strength of Slow-Bend Precracked Charpy Specimens of High-Strength Metallic Materials
Summary of Test Method 4.1 This test method employs a Charpy specimen provided with a sharp notch terminating in a fatigue crack tested in three-point bending using fixtures that minimize the contribution of friction forces to the measured applied load.
...2 D 638 Strain at break 527-1 & 2 D 638 Flexural modulus 178 D 790 Flexural strength 178 D 790 Charpy impact strength at -30 8C 179 D 256 Charpy impact strength at Ã¾23... ...of the grips or test fixtures .
Evaluation of the Fracture Toughness of Ductile Iron Using Fatigue Precracked Charpy, Dynamic Tear, and Compact Tension Specimens
Quasi-Static Tests of FPC Charpy Specimens—The FPC Charpy specimens were fractured quasi-staticaily on an MTS materials testing machine with fixtures for three-point bend tests prepared according to the ASTM Test Method for Plane-Strain Fracture Toughness of Metallic Materials...