Products & ServicesSee also: Categories | Featured Products | Technical Articles | More Information
Standards and Technical Documents - Plastics -- Determination of environmental stress cracking (ESC) of polyethylene -- Full-notch creep test (FNCT) -- ISO 16770:2004
Description: ISO 16770:2004 specifies a method of determining the stress cracking resistance of polyethylene materials in any environment. The test is carried out on notched test specimens cut from compression-moulded sheet or finished products, as applicable. The test specimen is subjected to a static tensile
Supplier: ASTM International
Description: for a number of reasons. First, CPVC pipes can fail by several mechanisms, including high pressure, impact, environmental stress cracking (ESC), and manufacturing defects. ESC can be particularly vexing during a failure investigation. Potential ESC agents include many lower molecular weight and highly
Standards and Technical Documents - Common test methods for insulating and sheathing materials of electric cables, Part 4: Methods specific to polyethylene and polypropylene compounds, Section One, Resistance to environmental stress ... -- IEC 60811-4-1:1985
Description: Specifies the test methods to be used for testing polymeric insulating and sheathing materials of electric cables for power distribution and telecommunications including cables used on ships. Gives the methods for measurements of the resistance to environmental stress cracking, for wrapping test
Supplier: Kuriyama of America, Inc.
Description: and Benefits: Extremely light weight. Exceptionally low resistance to dragging. Both core and cover offer excellent chemical-resistance and resistance to environmental stress cracking. Silicone-free. One-piece lengths. RoHS(15) compliant.
- Product Form: Hose (including Duct)
- Inside Diameter: 0.2500 inch
- Outside Diameter: 0.3750 to 0.5000 inch
- Working Pressure: 100 to 250 psi
Supplier: Total Plastics, Inc.
Description: high strength at elevated temperatures, a high modulus, and broad chemical resistance. Tempalux® stock shapes are inherently flame resistant with low smoke emission. Tempalux® stock shapes display property retention and resistance to environmental stress cracking when exposed to a wide variety
- Chemical / Polymer System Type: Polyetherimide (PEI)
- Form / Shape: Rod / Round Stock
- Overall Width / O.D.: 1 to 3.5 inch
- Overall Length: 48 to 96 inch
Standards and Technical Documents - METHODS AND CONTROLS TO PREVENT IN-SERVICE ENVIRONMENTAL CRACKING OF CARBON STEEL WELDMENTS IN CORROSIVE PETROLEUM REFINING ENVIRONMENTS -- NACE RP0472Supplier: NACE International
Description: General This standard establishes guidelines to prevent most forms of environmental cracking of weldments in carbon steel refinery equipment and piping. Weldments are defined to include the weld deposit, base metal HAZs, and adjacent base metal zones subject to residual stresses from welding
Description: and working pressures than polyethylene tubing -Excellent compatibility with high temperature water -Low water absorption (less than .01%) -Good compatibility with vegetable oils -Excellent resistance to environmental stress cracking Certifications -FDA -NSF-51 (Both in white; NSF also in special black part
- Material Choices: Plastic Tubing
- Function: Electrical Tubing / Sheathing
- Design Units: English
- Outside Diameter / Size: 0.2500 inch
Description: grade). Parker Parflex ® tubing is highly resistant to environmental stress cracking which is necessary for long life when coupled with expansion fittings.
- Fitting Style: Tee
- English Size: All English Sizes, 1/4"
- Connection Selection: Barb / Rib, Threaded - Male
- Material: Brass/Bronze
Standards and Technical Documents - BIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF MEDICAL DEVICES - PART 13: IDENTIFICATION AND QUANTIFICATION OF DEGRADATION PRODUCTS FROM POLYMERIC MEDICAL DEVICES -- AAMI 10993-13
Description: . It is not applicable to degradation of the device induced during its intended use by mechanical stress, wear or electromagnetic radiation or biological factors such as enzymes, other proteins and cellular activity. NOTE An informative text discussing environmental stress cracking (ESC) of polymers is included
Supplier: American Petroleum Institute (API)
Description: This recommended practice discusses environmental cracking problems of carbon steel equipment in amine units. Stress corrosion cracking of stainless steels in amine units is beyond the scope of this document although there have been isolated reports of such problems. This practice does provide
Description: resistance to stress and cracking. Translucent.|<b>Resin certification:</b> Resin is FDA compliant. |Tubing is manufactured according to GMP.|<b>Temperature range:</b> â€“320 to 500degF (â€“195 to 260degC)|<b>Sterilize:</b>
- Material Choices: Plastic Tubing
- Outside Diameter / Size: 0.2520 inch
- Maximum Inside Diameter / Size: 0.1181 inch
- Pressure Rating: 600 psi
Description: to evaluate flaws including: general and localized corrosion, widespread and localized pitting, blisters and hydrogen damage, weld misalignment and shell distortions, crack-like flaws including environmental cracking, laminations, dents and gouges, and remaining life assessment procedures for components
Supplier: ExxonMobil Chemical Company
Description: ExxonMobil Chemical's extensive portfolio of high density polyethylene (HDPE) resins combines toughness and stiffness with resistance to environmental stress cracking at elevated temperatures and warping. Our high-molecular-weight (HMW) HDPE resins are designed for easy extrusion and a wide variety
- Process Type: Film Grade Resin, Molding Resin
- Filler Material: Unfilled
- Industry: Industrial
- Melt Flow Index (MFI): 0.0600 to 33 g / 10 minutes
Supplier: Solvay Advanced Polymers
Description: , with improved toughness, higher heat deflection temperature, and better resistance to environmental stress cracking. Radel R-7300 and R-7400 resins can be fabricated using conventional injection molding equipment. These materials have excellent flow characteristics, readily filling complex parts
- Material Type / Grade: Thermoplastic
- Chemical / Polymer System Type: Polysulphone, Specialty / Other
- Compound Type: Pellets
- Features: Flame Retardant (e.g. UL 94 Rated)
Description: ARDL offers a full range of chemical services, from single compound identification to complete analysis and theoretical formula reconstruction. ARDL Specializes in the Identification of: • Competitors' Products • Environmental Stress Cracking Failures • Manufacturing Defects &bull
- Services Offered: Environmental Exposure Testing, Materials Testing Services, Standards Testing / Certification, Sunlight Exposure / Solar Simulation, Other
- Test / Certify To: ASTM, MIL-SPEC
- Materials: Adhesives / Sealants, Chemicals, Coatings, Composites, Inorganics, Plastic / Rubber, Polymers / Organics, Textiles
- Test Methods: Ash Testing / Filler Content, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AA), Chemical Extraction, Chromatography (GC, HPLC, etc.), Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP / LA-ICP), Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR, etc.), Mass Spectroscopy (RGA, etc.), Microscopy / Metallography, Particle Size / Sieve Analysis, Property
Supplier: Sherry Laboratories
Description: Intergranular Attack Stress Corrosion Cracking Humidity Mercurious Nitrate Passivation Salt Spray Water Resistance Methods Environmental Simulation Fatigue Testing and Fracture Toughness Material Axial Fatigue Testing Low Cycle Fatigue (LCF) Testing - ASTM E606 High Cycle Fatigue (HCF
- Capabilities: Chemical Testing Services, Cleanliness Monitoring / Testing, Deformulation / Reverse Engineering, Environmental Exposure Testing, Environmental Testing and Analysis Services, Failure Analysis, Field Sampling, Quality / Purity (Contamination - Alloys, Polymers, etc.), Reactivity (Corrosivity
- Materials: Adhesives / Sealants, Ceramics / Glass, Chemicals, Coatings, Composites, Gases, Inorganics, Metals, Nanomaterials, Plastic / Rubber, Polymers / Organics, Powders, Soil, Textiles, Thin Films / Plating, Toxins / Restrictive Substances, Wafers / Surfaces, Welds / Joints
- Test Methods: Ash Testing / Filler Content, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AA), Chemical Extraction, Chromatography (GC, HPLC, etc.), Combustion Analysis, Diffraction (X-ray, Electron, etc.), Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP, LA-ICP, etc.), Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR, etc.), Mass Spectroscopy (RGA, etc.),
- Test / Certify To: ASME, ASTM, AWS, EPA, MIL-SPEC, NIST, OEM Specific, Other
Find Suppliers by Category Top
Featured Products Top
Welch Fluorocarbon, Inc.
Liners: Drum & Pail Liners Made With Teflon® Film
High Purity and High Corrosion Applications. Drum Liners & Pail Liners made with Teflon® film are used in industrial applications without the fear of stress cracking due to severe operating conditions. These sturdy liners offer a leak tight design. The liner is constructed of Modified PTFE or Teflon® PFA film that's flexible, resists tears, and has superior flexing capabilities. Excellent release properties of the Teflon® film allows for easy cleaning and reusability. Liners are available... (read more)
Browse Protective Liners and Lining Systems Datasheets for Welch Fluorocarbon, Inc.
Conduct Research Top
Medical Device Link . Evaluating Environmental Stress Cracking of Medical Plastics
-weight components of the plastic, dissolution if the chemical is a good solvent, or other changes such as variations in opacity or color. If the plastic is under stress, it may also experience environmental stress cracking, which can be defined as the crazing and cracking that may occur when a plastic
Medical Device Link . UNDERSTANDING ENVIRONMENTAL STRESS CRACKING IN POLYETHYLENE
. At this point, the industry was suddenly flooded with reports of polyethylene failure. Polyethylene was reported to be unsatisfactory for cable use, and was found to crack violently on contact with methyl alcohol at room temperature. "Environmental stress cracking " was the term used to describe
Medical Device Link . Environmental-Stress-Crack Resistance of Rigid Thermoplastic Polyurethanes
of injection-molded medical devices made of RTPU. This article examines the way in which environmental-stress-crack resistance (ESCR) and processing-condition sensitivity relate to various mechanical properties of medical devices made from glassy RTPU resin. Two different grades of RTPU were chosen for the study
- even at low temperatures - with outstanding electrical properties, but poor temperature resistance. Polyethylene (PE) also has very good chemical resistance but is prone to environmental stress cracking. It has poor UV resistance (unless modified) and poor barrier properties, except to water
Medical Device Link .
is lowered, high-temperature performance is diminished, and environmental stress cracking becomes more prevalent. Stress relaxation results in deformation and improper fit during product assembly and is a direct cause of a deterioration in product appearance and of ultimate product failure. Frozen-in
, ketones, and some alcohols. ASA offers better resistance to environmental stress cracking than ABS. With respect to flame resistance, ASA is
Understanding and Using the Computed Radiography of Bridge Welds
by environmental exposure to salt. and moisture, which accelerate oxidation and can lead to section loss and possibly fatigue cracking in welds -. reducing the bridge weight rating. Fatigue cracking is a leading cause for steel fractures, accelerated by stress. factors such as heavy traffi c
Designed To Beat The Heat
for components under stress. Although plastics do not corrode like metals, they are prone to chemical attack. More importantly, they can experience environmental stress crazing and cracking (ESC). Every polymer has at least one solvent that will cause chemical reactions and molecular degradation even
More Information Top
Environmental Stress Cracking . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Guide to Polymeric Geomembranes
This semi-crystalline microstructure of HDPE imparts excellent chemical resistance and high strength; however it also makes HDPE susceptible to environmental stress cracking (ESC). fPP, CPE and PVC owing to their low crystallinities are more flexible and not susceptible to ESC (see...
Effects of microcrystallinity and morphology on physical aging and its associated effects on tensile mechanical and environmental stress cracking properties of...
Effects of microcrystallinity and morphology on physical aging and its associated effects on tensile mechanical and environmental stress cracking properties of poly(ethylene terephthalate .
Polymer Blends Handbook
Abrasion resistant, glossy moldings, high elongation, excellent impact strength, dimensional stability, and high environmental stress cracking Ishida and Masamoto 1974 .
Environmental stress cracking: A review
Environmental stress cracking : A review .
Comparison between Material Parameters of Polyethylene Grades and the Test Performance Behaviour of Packaging for the Transport of Dangerous Goods
The environmental stress crack resistance determined by FNCT represents the impacts from the stacking tests performed with standard liquid wetting solution (without pre�?storage) and with normal butyl�?acetate�?saturated wetting solution (pre�?storage with normal butyl acetate).
Modeling of the fracture mechanism of HDPE subjected to environmental stress crack resistance test
Modeling of the fracture mechanism of HDPE subjected to environmental stress crack resistance test .
Environmental Stress�?Cracking Resistance of LDPE/EVA Blends
Environmental stress cracking (ESC) is defined as the surface-initiated failure of polyaxially stressed polymers in the presence of surface-active substances such as alcohols, soaps, and wetting agents.