Products & ServicesSee also: Categories | Featured Products | Technical Articles | Engineering Web Results
Description: with the glass melting application and location of the electrodes in the furnace.
- Metal / Alloy Types: Refractory / Reactive (UNS R), Molybdenum / Molybdenum Alloy
- Shape / Form: Other
- Features: Corrosion Resistant
- Applications: Chemical / Materials Processing, Other
Standards and Technical Documents - 668-1987 - IEEE Recommended Pratice for Electrical Heating Applications to Melting Furnaces and Forehearths in the Glass Industry -- 10.1109/IEEESTD.1986.79641
Description: Abstract The purpose of this recommended practice is to present procedures and positions preferred by the IEEE for using electric heating in the glass industry's melting furnaces and forehearths and to provide criteria for the safe performance of these electrical heating applications. The practice
Description: strength and ability to withstand high temperatures, molybdenum metal and alloys are common in a number of important products including lamp filaments, glass-melting electrodes and electronic devices. Metal Powders. Metal Powders are used in a variety of diverse applications due to their high
Supplier: L&L Special Furnace Co., Inc.
Description: field applications include ceramic bisque firing, thin film processing, glazing, and decorating. Brazing, calcining, drying, melting of glass and metals, glass annealing and bending, enameling, and sintering are just some of the other applications XLE furnaces are used for. Although "standard
- Configuration: Box
- Atmosphere: Inert
- Controller Type: Programmable
- Heat Source / Transfer: Electric / Resistance
Supplier: BNZ Materials, Inc.
Description: General purpose, for anode baking furnaces & glass melting tank insulation
- Applications: Chemical / Materials Processing, Foundry / Metal Processing, Refractory / High Temperature Materials, Structural
- Material Type: Alumina / Aluminum Oxide
Supplier: Elmet Technologies, Inc.
Description: Tungsten's unique properties as a high performance material, including a melting point of 3410° C, low vapor pressure at elevated temperatures and low coefficient of thermal expansion, make it of value in a variety of high temperature products and processes. Among them are glass-to-metal seal
- Metal / Alloy Types: Tungsten / Tungsten Alloy
- Shape / Form: Bar Stock, Semi-finished Shape / Mill Stock, Fabricated Parts / Shapes, Rod / Round Bar Stock
- Coil Stock: Yes
- Features: Corrosion Resistant
Supplier: Sherry Laboratories
Description: Hardness Barcol Durometer Pencil Rockwell Melt Flow Rate Resin Flow Specific Gravity/Density Taber Abrasion Viscosity Thermal Analysis CLTE Differential Scanning Calorimetry - DSC Glass Transition Temperature Melting Point Thermomechanical Analysis TMA Sherry Laboratories also
- Capabilities: Chemical Testing Services, Cleanliness Monitoring / Testing, Deformulation / Reverse Engineering, Environmental Exposure Testing, Environmental Testing and Analysis Services, Failure Analysis, Field Sampling, Quality / Purity (Contamination - Alloys, Polymers, etc.), Reactivity (Corrosivity,
- Materials: Adhesives / Sealants, Ceramics / Glass, Chemicals, Coatings, Composites, Gases, Inorganics, Metals, Nanomaterials, Plastic / Rubber, Polymers / Organics, Powders, Soil, Textiles, Thin Films / Plating, Toxins / Restrictive Substances, Wafers / Surfaces, Welds / Joints
- Test Methods: Ash Testing / Filler Content, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AA), Chemical Extraction, Chromatography (GC, HPLC, etc.), Combustion Analysis, Diffraction (X-ray, Electron, etc.), Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP, LA-ICP, etc.), Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR, etc.), Mass Spectroscopy (RGA, etc.),
- Test / Certify To: ASME, ASTM, AWS, EPA, MIL-SPEC, NIST, OEM Specific, Other
Supplier: Thermal Ceramics
Description: Melting Industry. Thermal Ceramics also supplies furnace spouts, distribution boxes (often referred to as hot tops), samplers, and “Metamic” (metal-ceramic composite) thermocouple sheaths for the VIM market, along with Muffles, Ladle Liners, Saggars, Sealed Quench Furnace Muffle assemblies
- Type: Specialty / Other
Find Suppliers by Category Top
Featured Products for Glass-melting Furnace Top
H.C. Starck Inc. - Fabricated Products Group
Molybdenum Glass Melting Electrodes
degradation, and minimizes detrimental glass discoloring. H.C. Starck provides glass manufacturers with a range of purchasing options to align with the glass melting application and location of the electrodes in the furnace. We offer a variety of electrodes for the most demanding glass melting applications: Standard or tapered threads. Machined or centerless ground surfaces for assurance of concentricity and straightness. High purity (99.95% minimum). Bubble free, low carbon electrodes. GMEs from 1.25... (read more)
Browse Molybdenum and Molybdenum Alloys Datasheets for H.C. Starck Inc. - Fabricated Products Group
Conduct Research Top
How To Select a Furnace for Batch Glass Melting Applications
The most important characteristic of any glass melt furnace is that the lining be able to withstand the highly corrosive fumes frequently generated by glass chemistry at high temperatures. High alumina ceramic for temperatures up to 1700 deg C and cast zirconia for temperatures from 1800 to 2000
Direct In Situ Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer (.pdf)
. D5, (D6). Ceramic, brick,. Coal kilns (rotary & vertical). L2, L3. D4, (D3). H2, H3. (D5, D6). glass, & cement. Cement kilns (cyclone outlet). L2, L3. D4, (D3). H2, H3. manufacture. Glass melting furnaces (inside furnace). L2, L3. H2, H3. D5, (D6). Glass melting furnaces (flue). L2, L3. H2, H3. D5
Engineering Web Search: Glass-melting Furnace Top
Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fused silica glass, vitreous silica glass: silica (SiO2). Has very low thermal expansion, is very hard and resists high temperatures (1000?1500 °C).
Fused quartz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fused quartz is manufactured by fusing (melting) naturally occurring quartz crystals of high purity at approximately 2000 Â°C, using either an
glass tempering furnace - offers from glass tempering furnace...
glass tempering furnace manufacturers, exporters, suppliers, factories and distributors related to glass tempering furnace
Glass Product Making Machinery - Selling Leads for Glass...
Related Searches : glass furnace, glass machine, insulating glass machine, float glass production line, glass bottle machinery, sandblasting machine,
Mathematical Modeling Services GLASS FURNACE MODEL Audits of Glass Furnaces High Temperature Observation of Glass Melting Processes
Glass Melting (Reference: Battelle PNNL MST Handbook, U.S. Department of Energy, Pacific Northwest Laboratory)
Fluent NEWS - Spring 2003 - Shattering Glass Tank Design...
Glass melting tanks are continuously operating reactors producing up to 1000 tons/day of glass at temperatures up to 1600?C. They have relatively
LBNL-57335-Revision ERNEST ORLANDO LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL...
1 2. The U.S. Glass Industry .................................................................................................. 3 3. Process
Glass And Glass-ceramic From Basic Oxygen Furnace (bof) Slag
Glass And Glass-ceramic From Basic Oxygen Furnace (bof) Slag Glass And Glass-ceramic From Basic Oxygen Furnace (bof) Slag
Air Products Canada Ltd.
In today's globally competitive environment you have to have the best technology in your glass furnace.