Products & ServicesSee also:
Standards and Technical Documents - Guide to the selection of surface treatments for the improvement of fatigue strength of steels. -- 89031Supplier: IHS ESDU
Description: . They are mechanical methods of cold working (shot peening, thread and fillet rolling, and pressing for holes), thermal treatments (induction, flame, laser or electron beam hardening) that induce the stresses by surface contraction on quenching from the austenitic to the martensitic stateShow More
Supplier: ASTM International
Description: microstructure in metals due to the rapid heating and cooling cycles imposed by a laser beam. This work intends to understand the influence of the laser variables on hardness after laser hardening of an AISI D6 steel. A fiber laser, which is a new source available for industrial applications, has beenShow More
Standards and Technical Documents - RECOMMENDED PRACTICES FOR LASER BEAM WELDING, CUTTING, AND ALLIED PROCESSES -- AWS C7.2MSupplier: American Welding Society (AWS)
Description: These recommended practices present a description of laser beam equipment and procedures that can be used for welding, cutting, drilling, and transformation hardening of various materials. These recommended practices stress the process basics, parameters, and applications. Practical information hasShow More
Supplier: 3 Dimensional Services
Description: of the designÑcritical for hands on review of form, fit and function. An SLA's laser beam cures light sensitive polymers into the shape of the part. The LOM's laser cuts thin layers of paper which are then laminated together to form the part. The SLS hardens powdered materials into part
- Capabilities: Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM), Other
- Services: Design Assistance, Solid Modeling or CAD Services, Functional Prototype, Casting and Molding (Rapid Tooling), Low Volume Production
- Location: North America, United States Only, Midwest US Only, Europe Only
Supplier: Peridot Corporation
Description: Peridot offers heat treating services to support our component manufacturing activities. We have many years experience with spring and hardenable materials. We slo provide oven and salt pot shape setting of Nitinol as well as controlled environment heat shrinking.
- Heat Treating Processes: Annealing, Conventional Hardening (Quench & Temper), Normalizing, Precipitation Hardening / Aging, Stress Relieving, Other
- Equipment Capability: Furnace, Flame / Torch, Induction, Laser / Electron Beam, Salt Bath
- Services Offered: Development Assistance, Finishing / Coating, Grinding / Machining, Laboratory Testing & Inspection, Packaging, Straightening
- Regional Preference: North America, United States Only, Southwest US Only, Northwest US Only
Description: and custom versions, with partnered programs for Air or Underwater operation. Required Accessories: Requires an external power source supplying +11.5 to +17VDC. Recommended for: Inspection and measurement Process monitoring Robotic handling Hot cell monitoring Laser beam profiling Research
- Camera Function: Video
- Monochrome / Color: Monochrome
- Horizontal Resolution: 776 lines
- Sensitivity: 7.53 Lux
Supplier: Marshall Manufacturing Company
Description: Machining, has a 20-micron fiber beam. It can function dry or wet. When operating in the wet mode, water is fed through the tube being processed to capture laser splatter. The water provides a smoother interior wall surface and reduces the heat affected zone. The system handles tube ranging in diameter
- Length Capacity: Less than 1", 1" - 3", 3" - 6", 6" - 48", Greater than 48"
- Materials: Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Copper, Hardened Metals, Nickel / Nickel Alloys, Stainless Steel, Steel / Steel Alloys, Titanium, Other
- Services: CAD / CAM Support, Design Assistance, Just-in-Time Delivery, Prototype Services, High Volume Production, Other
- Location: North America, United States Only, Midwest US Only
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
High Power Diode Lasers
The section is divided into a discussion of laser beam hardening and layer depo- sition for generation and repair, using different high-power diode laser systems.
Tailored Light 2
Laser beam hardening produces hard, wear-resistant surface layers on tools and components made from steel and cast iron.
Surface Hardening of Steels: Understanding the Basics
Laser beam hardening .
Precise hardening with high-power diode lasers using beam-shaping mirror optics
Laser beam hardening is a very precise and well controllable method for local heat treatment.
LASER TRANSFORMATION HARDENING
source with similar characteristics to a laser beam hardening of teeth of gear wheel .
Handbook of Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
Heidkamp et al. (2004) studied the effect of laser beam hardening on the properties of TiN-coated AISI 4140 (EN 42CrMo4), AISI A2 (EN X100CrMoV5-1), and AISI D2 (EN X153CrMoV12) substrates by CVD.
Dry sliding friction wear behaviour of high power diode laser hardened steels and cast iron
High power diode laser beam hardening .
Fracture of Laser-Hardened Cylindrical Rods Caused by Torsion and Tension
W. Vanschen, “The use of laser beam hardening ,” SMM Schweizer Maschinenmarkt, 103, No. 41, 15–16, 18 (2002).
Electron Beam Hardening versus Laser Beam Hardening In recent years, heat treating engineers have focused their efforts on pinpointing the properties that differentiate electron beam hardening from laser beam hardening.
On base of laser beam hardening technology the German ministry of education and research sponsored the project »Integrated Heat Treatment«.
Fast and innovative determination of parameters for steel hardening with high power diode lasers
Laser Beam Hardening with High Power Diode Lasers is presented as an excellent method for local heat treatment and minimum distortion.
Surface hardening of gear treated by broad-beam laser
RESULTS ANALYSISING 3.1 hardened layer distribution of gear treated by laser hardening what is showed in Figure 2 is the hardened layer distribution along the tooth flank obtained by broad-width laser beam hardening .
Manufacturing process 3
That belongs the laser radiation hardnesses to the group of thermal processes and remelts.