Description: ISO 1143:2010 specifies the method for rotating bar bending fatigue testing of metallic materials. The tests are conducted at room temperature or elevated temperature in air, the specimen being rotated.
Supplier: IHS Product Design
Description: METHOD OF ROTATING BENDING FATIGUE TESTING OF METALS
Supplier: ASTM International
Description: experimental results such as size effects and stress gradient effects. This paper addresses the stress gradient effect issue. A new non local multiaxial fatigue approach is proposed and applied to rotating bending and fretting experiments. The proposal takes as a starting point the rotating bending
Supplier: IHS ESDU
Description: ESDU 04019 presents endurance data for high-strength steels. The results of more than 10 000 constant-amplitude fatigue tests, on plain and notched specimens subjected to rotating-bending, plain-bending and axial loading, are presented in the form of curves of alternating stress versus endurance
Supplier: Accutek Testing Laboratory
Description: Accutek's mechanical testing qualifications include: - Tensile (ounces to 60,000+ lbs) - Fatigue (axial, bending, torsion, roller chain) - Rotating Beam - Charpy Impact (NIST Certified) - Hardness (micro to Brinell, including Shore A) - Abrasion (Taber, micro-motion, porous coating) - Torque
- Capabilities: Hydraulics
- Capabilities: Testing / Simulation, Certification, Component / Product Comparison, Engineering / Design Verification (DVT), Failure Analysis / Troubleshooting, Evaluation / Inspection, In-process / In-line Testing, Reliability / Robustness, Test Development, Test Fixtures / Equipment, Test Panel / Sample
- Forms Tested / Certified: Components / Parts, Products, Facilities / Capital Equipment, Samples / Fluids, Other
- Services Offered: Aging / Life Testing, Fatigue / Endurance, Flow Testing, Leak / Seal, Mechanical / Structural (Statics), Performance Testing, Safety / Liability Testing, Vibration, Specialty / Other
Supplier: Element Materials Technology
Description: toughness testing, a measure of the fracture resistance of a material containing a crack; rotating beam fatigue testing; strain controlled axial fatigue testing; stress controlled axial fatigue testing, and da/dN testing (crack propagation rate). Charpy Impact Testing: The Charpy impact
- Capabilities: Component / Product Testing, Component / Product Comparisons, Certification / Qualification, Engineering Verification Testing, Evaluation and Analysis, In-Process In-Line Testing, Performance Testing, Reliability / Robustness, Test Development, Test Fixtures / Equipment, Test Panel / Sample Prep
- Forms Tested: Components / Parts, Products (Equipment / Devices), Samples / Materials
- Test Services Offered: Tensile, Creep / Stress Relaxation, Fatigue / Cyclic, Flexure / Bending, Impact Toughness, Shear / Torsion
- Industry Applications: Aerospace / Avionics, Appliances, Automotive, Building & Construction, Battery / Energy Products, Coatings / Paint, Electrical / Electronics, Food / Drugs, Health Care / Medical, HVAC, Instruments / Sensors, Marine, Materials, Nuclear / Utility, Paper / Plastic Packaging, RF / Wireless
Supplier: Ameridrives Couplings
Description: Designed specifically for the rigorous demands of the turbo-machinery industry, the Ameriflex multiple convoluted diaphragm coupling was introduced in 1971. Since that time, rotating equipment has continued to demand lighter weight and more powerful couplings. Ameriflex couplings are able
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
A comparison of uniaxial and rotating bending fatigue tests on an acetal co-polymer
A comparison of uniaxial and rotating bending fatigue tests on an acetal co-polymer .
List of 1964 References
...BENDING Society of Automotive Engineers and American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Air Transport and Space Meeting, New York, N. Y., Paper 843A, April 27-30, 1964 Investigation of the fatigue behavior of several steels and a nonferrous alloy in rotating bending fatigue .
Fatigue and Corrosion in Metals
Another example of rotating bending fatigue is that of Fig. 1.4 relative to a journal of an axle rail.
Axial and Bending Fatigue of a Medium Carbon Steel Including Geometry and Residual Stress Effects
For a given stress amplitudes, specimens have been shown to experience longer life under rotating bending fatigue , as compared to fully-reversed axial fatigue.
Effects of electroplated zinc-nickel alloy coatings on the fatigue strength of AISI 4340 high-strength steel
In this study, the effect of electroplated Zn-Ni coatings on AISI 4340 high-strength steel was analyzed for rotating bending fatigue strength, corrosion, and adhesion resistance.
Evaluation on fatigue strength of AISI 4340 steel aluminum coated by electroplating and IVD processes
In this research, the effects of aluminum electroplating and IVD aluminum coating on the rotating bending fatigue strength of AISI 4340 steel were evaluated in comparison with cadmium electroplated specimens.
In high strength steels, its size will be around the lower bound of the range mentioned above.24 Duckworth and Ineson25 found that the critical inclusion size for rotating bending fatigue depended on the distance below the steel surface and increased from...
A Non Local Multiaxial Fatigue Approach to Account for Stress Gradient Effect Applied to Crack Initiation in Fretting
The pro- posal shows good capabilities to predict four-point rotating bending fatigue limit and crack initiation of a similar Inconel 718 cylinder/plane contact under partial slip regime.
Fracture of Nano and Engineering Materials and Structures
Rotating bending fatigue tests have been performed using specimens subjected to tensile pre-strains and the fatigue behaviour was discussed.
Materials for Springs
The Fig. 1.6 shows the results of quenched and tempered steel on the rotating bend fatigue tests, in the form of P-S-N curves taking fracture probability, P, as one parameter .
Surface Finish Effects on Fatigue Behavior of Forgings
A four-point rotating bending fatigue machine was also used to perform rotating bending fatigue tests for specimens having as-forged and polished surface conditions at two of the hardness levels (19 HRC and 35 HRC).
Fracture characteristics, microstructure, and tissue reaction of Ti-5Al-2.5Fe for orthopedic surgery
Fig. 1—Schematic illustration of corrosive solution circulator system in rotating bending fatigue testing machine.
Rotating bending fatigue specimens were first used in the 1800s by Wo ¨ hler (Ref 4.1 in Chapter 4) to investigate the fatigue resistance of steels, the bill of material for rail car axles.