Standards and Technical Documents - Metallic materials -- Rotating bar bending fatigue testing -- ISO 1143:2010
Description: ISO 1143:2010 specifies the method for rotating bar bending fatigue testing of metallic materials. The tests are conducted at room temperature or elevated temperature in air, the specimen being rotated.
Supplier: ASTM International
Description: experimental results such as size effects and stress gradient effects. This paper addresses the stress gradient effect issue. A new non local multiaxial fatigue approach is proposed and applied to rotating bending and fretting experiments. The proposal takes as a starting point the rotating bending
Supplier: IHS ESDU
Description: ESDU 04019 presents endurance data for high-strength steels. The results of more than 10 000 constant-amplitude fatigue tests, on plain and notched specimens subjected to rotating-bending, plain-bending and axial loading, are presented in the form of curves of alternating stress versus endurance
Supplier: Accutek Testing Laboratory
Description: Accutek's mechanical testing qualifications include: - Tensile (ounces to 60,000+ lbs) - Fatigue (axial, bending, torsion, roller chain) - Rotating Beam - Charpy Impact (NIST Certified) - Hardness (micro to Brinell, including Shore A) - Abrasion (Taber, micro-motion, porous coating) - Torque
- Capabilities: Hydraulics
- Capabilities: Testing / Simulation, Certification, Component / Product Comparison, Engineering / Design Verification (DVT), Failure Analysis / Troubleshooting, Evaluation / Inspection, In-process / In-line Testing, Reliability / Robustness, Test Development, Test Fixtures / Equipment, Test Panel / Sample
- Forms Tested / Certified: Components / Parts, Products, Facilities / Capital Equipment, Samples / Fluids, Other
- Services Offered: Aging / Life Testing, Fatigue / Endurance, Flow Testing, Leak / Seal, Mechanical / Structural (Statics), Performance Testing, Safety / Liability Testing, Vibration, Specialty / Other
Supplier: Element Materials Technology
Description: toughness testing, a measure of the fracture resistance of a material containing a crack; rotating beam fatigue testing; strain controlled axial fatigue testing; stress controlled axial fatigue testing, and da/dN testing (crack propagation rate). Charpy Impact Testing: The Charpy impact
- Capabilities: Component / Product Testing, Component / Product Comparisons, Certification / Qualification, Engineering Verification Testing, Evaluation and Analysis, In-Process In-Line Testing, Performance Testing, Reliability / Robustness, Test Development, Test Fixtures / Equipment, Test Panel / Sample Prep
- Forms Tested: Components / Parts, Products (Equipment / Devices), Samples / Materials
- Test Services Offered: Tensile, Creep / Stress Relaxation, Fatigue / Cyclic, Flexure / Bending, Impact Toughness, Shear / Torsion
- Industry Applications: Aerospace / Avionics, Appliances, Automotive, Building & Construction, Battery / Energy Products, Coatings / Paint, Electrical / Electronics, Food / Drugs, Health Care / Medical, HVAC, Instruments / Sensors, Marine, Materials, Nuclear / Utility, Paper / Plastic Packaging, RF / Wireless
Supplier: Ameridrives Couplings
Description: Designed specifically for the rigorous demands of the turbo-machinery industry, the Ameriflex multiple convoluted diaphragm coupling was introduced in 1971. Since that time, rotating equipment has continued to demand lighter weight and more powerful couplings. Ameriflex couplings are able
Find Suppliers by Category Top
More Information Top
A comparison of uniaxial and rotating bending fatigue tests on an acetal co-polymer
A comparison of uniaxial and rotating bending fatigue tests on an acetal co-polymer .
List of 1964 References
...BENDING Society of Automotive Engineers and American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Air Transport and Space Meeting, New York, N. Y., Paper 843A, April 27-30, 1964 Investigation of the fatigue behavior of several steels and a nonferrous alloy in rotating bending fatigue .
Fatigue and Corrosion in Metals
Another example of rotating bending fatigue is that of Fig. 1.4 relative to a journal of an axle rail.
Effects of inclusions on very high cycle fatigue properties of high strength steels
...that two criteria must be fulfilled for an inclusion to be a potential initiation site for a fatigue failure:4 a critical size, depending on the depth of its location below the steel surface (for rotating bending fatigue ); a low index of...
Evaluation on fatigue strength of AISI 4340 steel aluminum coated by electroplating and IVD processes
In this research, the effects of aluminum electroplating and IVD aluminum coating on the rotating bending fatigue strength of AISI 4340 steel were evaluated in comparison with cadmium electroplated specimens.
Influence of inclusion size on S�?N curve characteristics of high�?strength steels in the giga�?cycle fatigue regime
notch radius of 7 mm, as shown in Fig. 1a, were ma- chined from round bar and used for cantilever-type ro- tating bending fatigue test.
Influence of anodization on the fatigue strength of 7050�?T7451 aluminium alloy
...is higher.6 For rotating bending and axial fatigue tests, fatigue life of AISI 4340 steel is less affected by WC– 17% Co/ 150 µm thick than by hard chromium electroplating 160 µm thick.7 Rotating bending fatigue tests conducted by Padilla .
Effects of electroplated zinc-nickel alloy coatings on the fatigue strength of AISI 4340 high-strength steel
In this study, the effect of electroplated Zn-Ni coatings on AISI 4340 high-strength steel was analyzed for rotating bending fatigue strength, corrosion, and adhesion resistance.
Axial and Bending Fatigue of a Medium Carbon Steel Including Geometry and Residual Stress Effects
For a given stress amplitudes, specimens have been shown to experience longer life under rotating bending fatigue , as compared to fully-reversed axial fatigue.
A Non Local Multiaxial Fatigue Approach to Account for Stress Gradient Effect Applied to Crack Initiation in Fretting
The pro- posal shows good capabilities to predict four-point rotating bending fatigue limit and crack initiation of a similar Inconel 718 cylinder/plane contact under partial slip regime.
A new fretting fatigue testing machine design, utilizing rotating–bending principle approach
The performance of the machine is verified with doing a comparison between fatigue lives of a number of AL7075-T6 alloy samples on a Shimadzu rotating bending fatigue testing machine and RBFF.
TORSIONAL FATIGUE OF A MEDIUM CARBON STEEL CONTAINING AN INITIAL SMALL SURFACE CRACK INTRODUCED BY TENSION–COMPRESSION FATIGUE: CRACK BRANCHING, NON�?PROPAGATI...
in rotating bending fatigue [10–13].
Materials for Springs
The Fig. 1.6 shows the results of quenched and tempered steel on the rotating bend fatigue tests, in the form of P-S-N curves taking fracture probability, P, as one parameter .