Test Equipment and Instrument Rental Services Information
Test equipment and instrument rental services provide rental and leasing services for testing equipment and industrial instruments. They specialize in acoustic and vibration equipment, electrical and electronic test equipment, laboratory equipment and instruments, inspection instruments or non-destructive testing (NDT) equipment, or specialty testing equipment and instruments.
Rental and leasing programs are designed for companies looking to avoid the cost of owning, repairing, and calibrating portions or entire labs of their test and measurement equipment.
Rental programs are designed for short-term equipment needs—typically less than a year or when project timelines are undefined. Renting test equipment allows customers to:
- Conserve capital by renting equipment on an as-needed basis
- Avoid ownership costs such as depreciation, maintenance, and calibration
- Maintain the flexibility to rent newer models to keep up with technology
- Cover downtime whenever owned equipment needs repair or calibration
Leasing is cost-effective whenever equipment is needed for medium to long-term periods, such as 12 to 60 months. Leasing equipment allows customers to:
- Avoid equipment obsolescence
- Spread cash flow over the life of the lease
- Improve return on net assets
Test equipment and instrument rental providers typically serve specific industries or certain types of equipment.
- Acoustic and vibration equipment: accelerometers and vibration sensors, acoustic sensors and microphones, ultrasonic transducers, hydrophones, impact hammers, position sensors and position instruments, power supplies and amplifiers, shakers and shaker controllers, sound level meters and dosimeters, vibration and noise analyzers, and speed and velocity instruments.
- Electrical and electronic test equipment: automated test equipment (ATE), data acquisition and signal conditioning devices, data recorders and chart recorders, multimeters and electrical meters, RF and microwave instruments, function generators and pulse generators, oscilloscopes and other types of scopes, and power supplies or amplifiers.
- Laboratory equipment: calorimeters and thermal analyzers, chromatography instruments, circulators and baths, density instruments, environmental test chambers, flow instruments, weight and torque instruments, freezers or refrigerators, furnaces and ovens, gas and air instruments, humidity and moisture instruments, leak testing equipment, level sensors and instruments, pressure instruments, process controllers and control systems, spectrometers, temperature instruments, viscometers and rheometers, and water quality instruments.
- Inspection tools and NDT equipment: coordinate measuring machines (CMM), dimensional gages and instruments, eddy current instruments, hardness testers, materials testing equipment, magnetic particle equipment, microscopes and optical instruments, probes and styli, ultrasonic instruments, video imaging equipment, and x-ray instruments and diffractometers.