Cable Ramps and Hose Ramps Information
Cable ramps and hose ramps cover wires, cables, hose or pipe in high traffic areas to protect them from damage.
Cable ramps are designed to support foot traffic and comply with accessibility requirements from the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). They are made of durable, abrasion-resistant plastic or metal materials and are designed to support foot traffic and/or automobiles. Cable ramps have a low profile which makes them ideal for low capacity use in offices, shops and factories. Safety warning colors/symbols can also be molded into lid surface.
- Drop over ramps are placed over the cable or hose.
- Open top design allows the cable or hose to be dropped in from the top.
Selecting cable protectors requires an analysis of product specifications and features including:
- Load capacity is the total weight the ramp of protector can support without damage
- Length describes the length of the ramp or protector
- Number of channels is the individual cavities within the assembly that the wires, cables or hoses go into.
- Channel width describes the width of channel which determines the diameter and number of the cables or hose that can fit in the ramp.
- Cable diameter is the maximum diameter of cable or hose that will fit in the protector.
- Aluminum and aluminum alloys are lightweight, non-ferrous metals with good corrosion resistance, ductility, and strength.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is an inexpensive, versatile plastic.
- Polyurethane resins provide excellent flexibility, impact resistance, and durability
Each cable/hose line is separated and organized in its own protective channel to ensure safety. Ideal for use in amusement parks, entertainment venues, sporting events, and in most public, commercial, industrial, construction, and utility applications.