Electric Heaters Information
Electric heaters generate heat by passing an electric current through a high-resistance material. They may use a radiant flat panel emitter, a radiant reflective element, a flexible heater element, a tubular element or other type of heating element.
Heating Element Types
Radiant flat panel emitters may be surfaced with quartz cloth, glass, stainless steel, or ceramic material.
Radiant reflective elements may use quartz or sheathed tubular elements, a straight or hairpin design, or a custom shape or bend.
There are two types of flexible heater elements: etched foil and wire wound. The former is etched into the heater’s surface.
Tubular elements for electric heaters may be single-ended, double-ended, round, flat, or triangulated. The number of elements is also an important consideration.
The maximum operating temperature for electric heaters is the highest temperature that the heater’s sheath or protective cover may reach.
The maximum air temperature, as its name suggests, is the maximum temperature of the air exiting from the heater.
Maximum Air Flow
The maximum flow of air through the heater.
The wattage that electric heaters can deliver is called heating capacity.
- Annealing and heat treating
- Curing and tempering
- Heating of gases and vapors
- Heating clean water, process waters, and high purity waters; lightweight oils and degreasing solutions; heavy weight and medium weight oils; and mild corrosive solutions, severe corrosive solutions, and caustic solutions
- Corrosion resistant
- Microprocessor controlled
- Cryogenic applications
- Custom designs
- Dynamic power regulation
- Encased coil to maximum heat transfer
- Grounding wire
- Internal temperature detector
- Multiple / independent timing controls
- Overheat protection
- Thermostat control
Electric heaters may be approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). Typically, documentation of UL certification is available from the manufacturer.
A-A-55542 - Heater, electric, 1,500 watts, 115 volts, AC, with fan
UL 1025 - Electric air heaters