Footwear and Footwear Covers Information
Footwear and footwear covers includes protective shoes, boots, covers and other outer protective gear worn on the feet. This type of footwear is commonly seen in laboratories, clean room environments, and industries which require foot protection. Foot protection is regulated by OSHA and several material regulation bodies.
- Shoe covers/booties - Shoe covers or booties are worn over the shoes. They both protect a person's shoes and feet as well as prevent any kind of contamination from a person's shoes into the work environment.
- Safety shoes - Safety shoes are a specialized shoe worn for many reasons. They can be used to protect ones feet from being injured by sharp or heavy objects or protect ones feet from water or other kind of liquid. Safety shoes also are worn to provide electrical resistance while working on electrical equipment.
Footwear and footware coverings are available for many applications and industries, including protection from chemicals, impact, and water. There are many materials to choose from based on the specific application and requirement of the shoe and wearer.
Footwear is available with specific features that allow it to function properly in the given application.
- Aluminized- Aluminized fabric has been treated or coated with aluminum to enhance its protection properties.
- Buoyant- Buoyant clothing or protective wear provides floatation.
- Disposable- Disposable garments are meant to be disposed of after its use.
- High visibility- High visibility clothing makes the wearer easily visible, usually by means of bright color or reflective fabric.
- Non-slip- Non-slip clothing has a roughen or textured surfaces to enhance grip and prevent falls / slips
- Non-stick / non-staining- Non-stick or non-staining clothing is coated with fluoropolymer or other material with high release or non-stick properties.
- Sanitary/hygienic- The garment is meant to provide protection against various forms of contamination.
- Steel toe- The toes of the shoe have metal plating to protect the toes from heavy objects.