From Dictionary of Civil Engineering: English-French
- SCANTLING Bois quarri; Volige
- Building Materials
Syn. with SQUARED TIMBER; SQUARE-SAWN TIMBER
A board of small thickness. Syn. with BATTEN
- SCAPE Escape
- ArchitectureA softening for linking and connecting, with the shafts of columns, fillets by which these ones ending.
- SCAPUS Escape
- ConstructionThe shaft of a column or lower part of this shaft.
- SCARCEMENT Retraite; En retraite
Syn. with INTAKE; SET BACK
Syn. with INTAKE; OFFSET.
- SCARF Abuter
- ConstructionSyn. with ABUT
- SCARF (JOINT) Enture; Raboutage
- FoundationSyn. with HEADING JOINT; SPLICE; SPLICING
- SCARF-JOINTED BEAM B cheret
- CarpentryStructural member made up of two joined, very long wedge-shaped elements and having the same thickness on its entire length. Syn. with SCARF JOINT. See Figure 9
- SCARFING Encastrement; Endentement
Syn. with BUILDING-IN; ENCASED
An assembly constituted by a succession of teeth fitting together the ones into the others.
- SCARFING PLATE Appendice
- WeldingSyn. with STRIKING PLATE; TAIL
- SCARIFICATION Scarification
- EarthworkThe loosening of a ground with a scarifier.
- SCARIFIER Scarificateur
- Equipment and ToolsAn earthmoving plant with downward projecting teeth for breaking hard soil at quarries and opencast pits, before the passage of bulldozers or scrapers. It is frequently equipped in front of a grader and has similar teeth to those of a rooter, which one can notice or low using a mechanical servomotor or hydraulic actuating cylinders. It may be self-propelled or attached to another vehicle.
- SCHEDULE OF PRICES Bordereau de prix
- ContractSyn. with PRICE LIST; SCHEDULE OF RATES
- SCHEDULE OF...
Products & Services
Topics of Interest
SCRAPING SCRIBING LINE SCRAPING D crottage; Ravalement; Ripage; Grattage Masonry; Painting The removal of the adherent mortar on materials coming from demolitions with intent to reuse...
F15 FAGGOTS F15 dynamite Explosives Gum dynamites are mainly used to work rocks in underground works. FABRIC Fabrique Civil Engineering Structure Construction whose main decoration...
B (B) BACKING COAT B (B) Metrology The symbol of Beaum ( B = Beaum degree). B.R.G.M. Bureau des Recherches G ologiques et Mini res Geology Geological and Mining Research Bureau.
SET OF SHEET PILE SETTLEMENT SET OF SHEET PILE Fiche d'une palplanche Foundation The part of the sheet pile that is restrained in the ground. This sinking length is calculated in order to...
R RABBET RAIL R RABBET Feuillure; Rainure; Refouillement; Guillaume Construction; Carpentry; Equipment and Tools An L-shaped notch carried out in a piece for receiving some another...