From Glossary of Metalworking Terms
Chapter N: N NWSA
- (1) The symbol for spindle speed; (2) symbol for nano-. SI system prefix for 10 -9; (3) symbol for unspecified number; (4) symbol for rotational frequency ( n-italic).
- (1) Symbol for Avogadro's number, (6.023 x 10 23); (2) symbol for the element nitrogen; (3) symbol for newton.
- Symbol for the element sodium.
- Abbreviation for North American Die Casting Association.
- [C 10H 8] A white crystalline solid used in metal cutting fluids.
- National Association of Metal Finishers (NAMF)
- 112 J, Elden Street, Herndon VA 20170. Telephone: 703/709-8299. Web: http://www.namf.org
- National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB)
- 1385 Picard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850-4329. Telephone: 301/869-5800; 800/556-3653. FAX 301/990-9690. WEB: http://www.mcaa.org A division of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America, Inc (MCAA). Its purpose is to develop and test procedures and, through its local chapters, to establish pools of people qualified to weld under these procedures.
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA)
- 1300 N. 17 th Street, Suite 1847, Rosslyn VA 22209. Telephone: 703/841-3200. FAX: 703/841-5900. WEB: http://www.nema.org An industry association of manufacturers of electrical machinery. Publishes standards and industry statistics including welding.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy MA 02269-910. Telephone: 1-800-344-3555. Web: http://www.nfpacatalog.orgAn international membership organization established to promote the science and improve the methods of fire protection and prevention, and establish safeguards against loss of life and property by fire. Best known in industry for the National Fire Codes and the National...
Products & Services
Fire alarm control panels (FACPs) transmit signals between fire detection devices and alarms, suppression systems, and monitoring centers. This device reduces the potential for fatalities and property loss from structure fires.
Topics of Interest
Chapter O: O Oxygen Free Copper O Symbol for the element oxygen. ?, ? See also omega (?, ?). oblique triangle A common name for both acute triangles and obtuse triangles. obtuse angle If the...
Acoustical Society of America (ASA) Huntington Quandrangle, Suite 1N01 Melville, NY 11707 (516) 576-2360 Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) 1500 Wilson Blvd., Suite 515 Arlington, VA 22209...
This chapter lists common USA and British standards pertaining to valves, as published in the standard indexes of the various standard organizations for 2003. Because new standards are continually...
SOCIETIES & CONFERENCE SPONSORS American Electronics Association 5201 Great American Parkway, Suite 520 Santa Clara, CA 95054 Tel: (408) 987-4200 http://www.aeanet.org American Institute of...
Air Transport Association (ATA) 1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Suite 1100 Washington, D.C. 20004-1707 202-626-4172 http://www.airlines.org American Association of Museums (AAM) 1575 I St., NW,...