From IP Location
- 1x Evolution Data Optimized (EVDO)
- EVDO is a revision of CDMA that adds high-speed data capabilities. Originally, this stood for Evolution Data Only, because the channels only carry data, not voice, traffic.
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
- The 3GPP is a standards development organization that covers the definition of the GSM and UMTS cellular network standards. They also define standards for the IMS.
- access location entity (ALE)
- The ALE is responsible for the provision of location measurements to a LIS.
- access network (AN)
- In EVDO networks, the AN acronym refers to the radio segment and the elements that support the radio segment.
- access point (AP)
- In 802.11, an access point is a term used to refer to an infrastructure node.
See also Wireless Fidelity (WiFi).
- Address of Record (AOR)
See Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- ARP provides a protocol for discovering the binding between network and hardware addresses, most often between IP and Ethernet addressing.
- application service provider (ASP)
- The provider of higher-level network services as e-mail, web servers, and voice services.
- Assisted GNSS (A-GNSS)
- A-GNSS is a means of using GNSS systems where the target host receives assistance data to help with signal acquisition and calculations.
- Assisted GPS (A-GPS)
See Assisted GNSS (A-GNSS).
- Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL)
See Digital Subscriber Line (DSL).
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
- ATM is a link layer protocol that uses very small frames (53 bytes) and predetermined routes, which allow for efficient switching.
- Authentication Authorization Accounting (AAA)
Products & Services
Topics of Interest
Overview The EVDO system is an upgraded version of an IS-95 CDMA mobile radio communication system that provides for high-speed data and voice communication services. Upgrading to EVDO capability...
Glossary of Acronyms A AAA: Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting ACK: Acknowledgment ADPCM: Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation ADSL:...
AAA authentication, authorization, and accounting AAL ATM Adaptation Layer AAL1 ATM Adaptation Layer 1 AAL2 ATM Adaptation Layer 2...
AAA Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting AAL ATM Adaptation Layers AAR Automatic Alternative Routeing AC Alternating Current ACD Automatic Call...
The Glossary is based on the "Reference Architecture" document by International Softswitch Consortium 2002. 3G Third generation 3GPP 3G Partnership Project (UMTS)...