From Motors & Drives: A Practical Technology Guide
- AC Contactor
- Designed for the specific purpose of establish or interrupting an AC power circuit. A contactor is a high power, electromagnetic switch. It is constructed of a low voltage "control circuit" (for example, 24VDC) and a "power circuit," where the high voltage is being controlled (for example 460VAC, 3-Phase). A contactor is essentially a high power relay.
- AC Drive
- An electronic device that converts a fixed frequency and voltage source to an adjustable frequency and AC voltage source. It controls the speed, torque, horsepower, and direction of an AC motor.
- A/D Converter
- A device that converts an analog signal (continuous values of voltage or current, e.g., sinewave) to a digital number.
- Adjustable Speed
- Varying the speed of a motor, either manually or automatically. The desired operating speed (set speed) is relatively constant regardless of load.
- Adjustable Speed Drive (Electrical)
- An adjustable-speed drive consists of the motor, drive controller, and operator's controls (either manual or automatic).
- Analog Input (AI)
- An analog input is an input for the user-supplied DC signal. The signal may be a speed reference or a process feedback. This signal can be from manual speed pot DC voltage (0 to 10 VDC) DC current (0 to 20 mADC). For many drives, the abbreviation is AI.
- Analog Input Module
- An I/O module that converts an analog signal from an analog measuring device that may be processed by the processor.
- Analog Output Module
- An I/O module that converts a digital signal from the processor into an analog output...
Products & Services
Topics of Interest
Classification of Alloys There are several alloys of various metals, such as alloys of Aluminium, Potassium, Iron, Cobalt, Nickel, Copper, Gallium, Silver, Tin, Gold, Mercury, Lead, Bismuth,...
Producing metal EDM electrodes is a Saturn specialty. Our matched knowledge and experience in working with metals has made us the industry's leading manufacturer of metal electrodes for EDM. Saturn...
Cold forging, also known as cold heading, is a variation of impression die forging and may include processes such as bending, cold drawing, cold heading, coining, extrusions, punching, thread rolling,...
Zinc, a crystalline metal with moderate strength and ductility, is seldom used alone except as a coating. In addition to its metal and alloy forms, zinc also extends the life of other materials such...
Chapter Z: Z Zr Z z (1) Symbol for compression factor; (2) symbol for a rectangular or cylindrical coordinate. Z-alloy Alloys containing 93% aluminum, 6.5% nickel, 0.5% titanium. A bearing metal.