The vision of EMSS is to provide FEKO as a leading software application for the simulation of electromagnetic problems in open radiating environments, with special focus on providing different solver technologies, each optimized for different applications.
What is FEKO?
FEKO is a comprehensive electromagnetic simulation software tool, based on state of the art computational electromagnetics (CEM) techniques. It enables users to solve a wide range of electromagnetic problems.
The multiple solution techniques available within FEKO make it applicable to a wide range of problems for a large array of industries. Typical applications include:
- Antennas: analysis of horns, microstrip patches, wire antennas, reflector antennas, conformal antennas, broadband antennas, arrays
- Antenna placement: analysis of antenna radiation patterns, radiation hazard zones, etc. with an antenna placed on a large structure, e.g. ship, aircraft, armoured car
- EMC: analysis of diverse EMC problems including shielding effectiveness of an enclosure, cable coupling analysis in complex environments, e.g. wiring in a car, radiation hazard analysis
- Bio-electromagnetics: analysis of homogeneous or non-homogeneous bodies, SAR extraction
- RF components: analysis of waveguide structures, e.g. filter, slotted antennas, directional couplers
- 3D EM circuits: analysis of microstrip filters, couplers, inductors, etc.
- Radomes: analysis of multiple dielectric layers in a large structure
- Scattering problems: RCS analysis of large and small structures