Redwood Plastics works with you to find solutions for a variety of problems including shock, abrasion, noise, wear & friction.
We have the capabilities to mold, machine, and fabricate, a wide-range of high quality, custom components.
Our technical experience ranges over many industries, call us today for the most cost-effective plastic solutions.
Materials/Plastic Varieties Available: UHMW, Polyurethane, Cast Nylon, Acetal, PET, FRP (Fiberglass Grating and Structural Shapes), PTFE, Industrial Laminates, Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Flexible Vinyl, High Performance Plastics, as well as finished parts.
There are many important reasons for replacing traditional materials with plastic:
- Cost effective alternative to traditional materials, such as metal, wood, rubber
- Less wear – Reduce & eliminate wear on mating surfaces
- Higher performance – Plastics have outperformed other materials as much as 2 to 20 times. Lower coefficient of friction, reduced noise, reduced wear on mating surfaces, reduced electrical consumption, and steady bulk material flow
- Less abrasion – Material formulated to handle various types of abrasion
- Lower lubrication & maintenance – Can be eliminated or significantly reduced
- Reduced impact & vibration – Eliminate structural damage due to shock, vibration, and impact
- Corrosion resistant – Unaffected by most corrosive environments
- Improved safety. Reduced injuries & claims – Lighter than metals, easier to move around and handle
- Lighter weight – Easier handling and installation, and reduced shipping costs
- Lower material costs, reduce downtime, lower maintenance costs
- Reduced noise – Reduce/eliminate noise concerns
- Aesthetics – Modern-looking shapes & colors