National security is our business. We apply science to help detect, repel, defeat, or mitigate threats. For more than 60 years, Sandia has delivered essential science and technology to resolve the nation's most challenging security issues.
Sandia National Laboratories is operated and managed by Sandia Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation. Sandia Corporation operates Sandia National Laboratories as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and supports numerous federal, state, and local government agencies, companies, and organizations.
Sandia grew out of America's World War II effort to develop the first atomic bombs. Today, keeping the U.S. nuclear stockpile safe, secure and effective is a major part of Sandia's work as a multidisciplinary national security, engineering laboratory. But Sandia's role has evolved to address the additional complex threats facing our country. Sandia carries out research and development in:
• Nuclear Weapons — Supporting U.S. deterrence policy by helping sustain, modernize and secure the nuclear arsenal.
• Defense Systems & Assessments — Supplying new capabilities to U.S. defense and national security communities.
• Energy & Climate — Ensuring the stable supply of energy and resources, and protection of infrastructure.
• International, Homeland & Nuclear Security — Focusing on the protection of nuclear assets and nuclear materials, and addressing nuclear emergency response and nonproliferation worldwide.
Sandia's science, technology and engineering foundations enable our unique mission. The laboratory's highly specialized research staff is at the forefront of innovation, collaborating with universities and companies and performing multidisciplinary science and engineering research programs with significant impact on U.S. security.
Meeting tomorrow's national security challenges will require readiness, excellence in engineering and rapid innovation. Sandia will help the nation solve significant problems with core capabilities in:
• Systems engineering and integration
• High-performance computing, as well as modeling and simulation
• Extreme-environment testing at unique facilities
• Nanotechnologies and microsystems
Supplier Directory Categories
Sandia National Laboratories is listed in these categories: