Renbrandt is a Worldwide Manufacturer of Custom Couplings, as well as Stock Couplings
The Original Fleximite™ Coupling was developed in 1951 by Raymond L. Renner and Edison R. Brandt, which is where the company name Renbrandt, Inc. came from. Renbrandt started in the basement of the Brandt's home in Marblehead, MA. At that time Ray worked for AMF, American Machine and Foundry and at the end of the regular work day he would pick up his then girlfriend in Arlington, MA and drive to Marblehead where Ed and Ray would work in the basement assembling couplings.
In 1953 the business had grown, so they had to move it out of the basement and into a new manufacturing facility in Cambridge, MA where they hired a manager to run the business and staff to build the couplings. They stayed in Cambridge until 1955, when they rented a building and moved the business into its current location at 659 Massachusetts Ave in Boston's South End and in 1957 they purchased the building. Over the years they developed additional products such as the Tinymite™ and Unimite™ couplings and the most recent addition, the One-Piece™ Flexible Disk Coupling.