Dontech, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2000 certified designer and manufacturer of optical filters and components for electronic display enhancement and optical assemblies. Optical products are sold separately or integrated for customers.
Dontech Product Applications
Dontech, Inc. is an engineering and manufacturing company that provides optical filters and components used to enhance a wide variety of electronic displays. Typical optical filter applications include:
- Optical Components & Assemblies
- Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
- Electroluminescent (EL) Displays
- Plasma Displays
- Vacuum Fluorescent Displays
- Electronic Equipment Cabinets and Enclosures
- Structural and Shielded Windows
- Instrument Panels
Since 1971 Dontech products have been integrated into display systems to enhance contrast, reduce reflections, suppress radio frequencies (e.g., EMI/RFI shielding), provide night vision compatibility, and increase the thermal operating range of displays.
Dontech’s optical filter features include:
- Thin film coatings (e.g., antireflective coatings, transparent conductive oxide coatings such as ITO, dichroic filters including hot mirrors for night vision compatibility, and heat reflectors for solar loading protection) on plastic and glass substrates
- VARGard™ antireflective films
- Optical laminations
- Hard coatings
- Antiglare coatings on plastics
- Optical fine wire meshes for high level EMI/RFI shielding
- Transparent heaters
- Bulk loaded colored substrates in plastic and glass (e.g., contrast enhancement and night vision compatibility)
- Electronic display enhancements via optical bonding, passive and active components
Dontech Ancillary Services
Dontech will integrate its optical products into electronic displays (e.g., LCDs) and bezels for its customers. Commercial off the shelf (COTS) displays can be customized by Dontech to improve the optical performance, operating thermal range, EMI/RFI emissions/susceptibility, and mechanical durability. Dontech enhanced display solutions allow the display to function properly in demanding environments, such as direct sunlight, low or high temperatures, or military environments.
Dontech's engineering and manufacturing facilities are located in Doylestown, PA, USA. Primary markets include military, avionics, medical, industrial and electronic instrumentation. For over 30 years Dontech has supplied its products and services to an international customer base.
For additional information on Dontech and its products and services, please download a copy of the Dontech Window Design Guide, Corporate History, or contact a Dontech Sales Engineer.