American Friction Welding, one of the largest full-service Friction Welding Job Shops in the US, provides high quality friction welding and turn-key products that are manufactured to exact customer and industry specifications.
View American Friction Welding at Upcoming Trade Shows.
From prototypes to full production, you'll chose American Friction Welding as your cost-effective solution for:
- Process Analysis
- Design Engineering
- Quality Control
Add KanBan inventory and logistical support services and you’ve got AFW's Friction Welding Advantage!
Friction Welding Advantage
- Enables joining of dissimilar materials normally not compatible for welding by other joining methods (See “List of Material Combinations”)
- Creates narrow, heat-affected zone
- Consistent and repetitive process
- Joint preparation is minimal – saw cut surface used most commonly
- Faster Turn-Around Times - compared to the long lead time of forging, which are currently 6 months or longer
- Greatly increases design flexibility - choose appropriate materials for each area of a blank
- Suitable for diverse quantities - from single prototypes to high-volume production
- No fluxes, filler material, or gases required
- Environmentally friendly process – no fumes, gases, or smoke generated
- Solid state process – no possibility of porosity or slag inclusions
- Creates cast or forge-link blanks - without expensive tooling or minimum quantity requirements
- Reduces machining labor, thereby reducing perishable tooling costs, while increasing capacity
- Full surface weld gives superior strength in critical areas
- Reduces raw material costs in bi-metal applications. Expensive materials are only used where necessary in the blank
| American Friction Welding continually strives to build and maintain long-term partnerships with our clients to ensure success for everyone.
American Friction Welding, Inc. is listed in these categories: