Hiden Analytical celebrates 30 years of design, development and manufacture of quadrupole mass spectrometers. Their products address a diverse range of applications - precision gas analysis, plasma diagnostics by direct measurement of plasma ions and ion energies, SIMS probes for UHV surface science, catalysis performance quantification, thermo-gravimetric studies - over a pressure range extending from 30 bar processes down to UHV/XHV.
Excellence that is based on four guiding principles:
- Technology: By working in partnership with customers continue to develop, and bring to manufacture, leading edge products which in turn will increase Hiden Analytical, Ltd.'s customer's analytical capability and enhance the quality of their products.
- Product Design: Continually design products with ever increasing standards of technology and quality which extend the technical capability of their customers.
- People: Encourage all Hiden personnel to grow in customer awareness towards their goal of Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement: Achieve measurable continuous improvements in all aspects of the Scientific Instrument business - strive for perfection in product and operation.
Customer driven quality is the foundation and driving force of Hiden Analytical with the goal of Total Quality - a goal that is the focus of Hiden Analytical, Ltd. Quality Manual and Procedures.
What they Do...
Hiden Analytical manufactures quadrupole mass spectrometers which are:
Their quadrupoles provide analysis of:
- Residual gases and vapours in vacuum and ultra high vacuum
- Gases and vapour in vacuum process, in process at pressures up to atmospheric pressure, and in processes with pressure up to 30bar
- Volatile organic vapours
- Metal vapours
- Metal organic vapours
- Dissolved species in liquids
- Plasma ions, neutrals and radicals
- Secondary ions in SIMS surface analysis
- Species analysed as ions, positive and negative, neutral and neutral radical species
Hiden Analytical, Ltd.'s quadrupole mass spectrometers are available with mass range options up to 2500amu, providing for analysis of the widest variety of organic, metal organic and inorganic compounds.
How they analyse:
- Advanced mass spectrometric techniques coupled with sampling systems that enable sensitive, stable and high resolution results
- Sampling systems include:
- Capillary inlet - Quartz inert capillary-QIC
- Multiple stream analysis
- Direct orifice sampling
- Molecular beam supersonic sampling
- Cross beam source sampling
- Solid insertion probe
- Dissolved species probe
- Custom engineered systems for special applications
What the results tell them:
- Species identification in conjunction with library database information
- Quantitative partial pressure measurement
- Accurate Quantitative gas composition measurement
- Trend analysis - transients analysed at millisecond rates, time resolved measurements in pulsed processes measured in the microsecond time frame
- Concentration of dissolved gases in liquids
- Direct analysis of vapour/solid interactions
- End point detection in ion beam etch applications
- Depth profile information from SIMS analysers
- Elemental mapping and surface imaging from SIMS analysers
- Static SIMS for surface contamination analysis