AGC Expands its Water & Oil Repellent Testing Lab
Service Detail from AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
AGC Expands its Industry-Leading Water & Oil Repellent Testing Lab
1,800 square foot technical facility supports customer product development in nonwoven, textile, food service, paper, packaging and tile industries
AGC Chemicals Americas, a leading global supplier of high-quality fluorochemicals and materials, has enhanced its AsahiGuard® Water & Oil Repellents testing lab in Exton, Pennsylvania. The lab now contains extensive testing equipment specialized for developing repellents for textiles and nonwovens. AGC has also added equipment and new services for developing repellents for food service, packaging, paper and stone/tile products.
"These new resources help us better support customers in their quest to develop, test and apply innovative products that repel oil, water and dirt," said Tatsuya Masuda, managing director at AGC Chemicals Americas. "Our focus is on formulating products to customers' specifications while keeping environmental safety at the forefront."
New Testing Resources for Textiles and Nonwovens
The AsahiGuard lab supports application services such as fabric preparation, treatment, drying, curing and ironing. The lab’s new performance testing services including water repellency, oil repellency, spray performance, stain release, wash durability, hydrostatic testing, static decay and surface resistivity.
AGC has added the following application equipment and performance testing equipment to the lab which already housed a Mathis pad coater and RK multicoater to provide various coating tests for paper, textiles and nonwovens:
- Rapid stenter/dryer (provides stable drying and curing of coated textile and non-woven samples)
- Electrolux Wascator automatic washing machine (ensures repeatable and reproducible experimental wash cycles for test fabrics)
- Kenmore AATCC-cycle tumble dryer (used for repeatable and reproducible experimental drying cycles for test fabrics)
- AATCC spray tester (provides repeatable characterization of water-resistance in coated fabrics and non-wovens)
- Textest hydrostatic head tester (measures the resistance of coated non-wovens to penetration from high-pressure fluids as might be encountered in the medical professions)
- ETS static decay meter (determines the propensity of coated non-wovens to store static charge for prolonged periods, a measure of comfort and safety of medical clothing in the hospital environment)
- Hioki surface resistivity meter (provides further information on charge management properties of coated non-woven fabrics)
About AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Asahi Glass family, a $13 billion multinational corporation and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass, electronic displays and chemical products. The Company was formed in January 2004 through a merger between sister companies Asahi Glass Fluoropolymers USA and AGA Chemicals. It is one of more than 10 of Asahi’s major subsidiaries in North America grouped under the holding company of AGC America.
AGC Chemicals Americas manufactures, markets and sells high-quality fluoroproducts including Fluon® fluoropolymer resins and compounds, AFLAS® Fluoroelastomers and AsahiKlin fluorinated solvents. Our Company also markets and sells specialty chemicals including LUMIFLON® FEVE resins, Asahi Guard E-SERIES water and oil repellants, F-CLEAN® greenhouse films, Solesphere fine silica additives, and various fluoro intermediates.
Headquartered in Exton, PA, where we offer full laboratory and product development services, AGC Chemicals America maintains manufacturing operations in Thorndale, PA, and warehouses located throughout North America. With a corporate vision to “Look Beyond,” we will continue to anticipate new global requirements and create value for our customers by remaining on the cutting edge of technology and customer service.