Cleaning high-precision electronic components
Featured Product from AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
- Cleaning of high-precision plastic and electronic components such as reflector glasses for laser printers, audio and video heads, and lenses
- Solvent carrier for silicone oils, hard disk lubricants, fluorinated greases and anti-rust agents
- Defluxing of printed circuit boards
- Drying element in aqueous system or as part of hydrocarbon cleaning process
- Refrigeration coolant and carrier solvent
- Precision cleaning of molded resin (components for copiers, cellular phones, camera parts, etc.)
- Dewatering of optical components
- Precision cleaning of delicate substrates
AsahiKlin Fluorinated Solvents
AGC's AsahiKlin AE-3000 series of environmentally sensible fluorinated solvents were designed to replace halogenated solvents with unfavorable environmental properties. AE-3000 cleaning agents have no flash point, no Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP), Low Global Warming Potential (LGWP) and low surface tension.
AE-3000 solvents are approved for use as precision cleaning solvents, defluxing agents for electronic circuitry, carrier solvents for silicone and fluoronated lubricants, and moisture displacement fluids. They can also be used in most existing vapor degreasing equipment with little or no modification.
AGC Chemicals Americas has introduced AMOLEA™ AT2, a new fluorinated precision cleaning solvent. This new solvent has excellent solvency with a wide variety of press oils, cutting oils, silicone oils , refrigerant oils, greases, asphalt pitches, and fluxes used in the electronics industry.
AMOLEA AT2 has no ozone depletion potential, has less global warming potential than our existing Asahiklin AE-3000 series products, is non-flammable, and is energy efficient due to its low latent heat of vaporization. AMOLEA AT2 will be marketed as an alternative to 3M Novec products, Chemours Vertrel offerings, n-propyl bromide and trichloroethylene. View AMOLEA AT2 data sheet.
- ODP zero
- Minimal global warming potential
- Recyclable with distillation
- Chemically and termally stable
- Nonflammable (no flash point)
- Broad compatibility with most plastics, elastomers, substrates and metals
About AGC Chemicals Americas Inc.
AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company Ltd., a $13 billion multinational corporation and one of the world's largest manufacturers of glass, electronic displays and chemical products. The company was formed in 2004 through the merging of sister companies Asahi Glass Fluoropolymers USA and AGA
Chemicals. Headquartered in Exton, Pa., AGC Chemicals Americas maintains manufacturing operations in nearby Thorndale, Pa., and warehouses located throughout North America. www.agcchem.com