Fluoropolymers: Intelligent Resins
Featured Product from AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
Fluon® ETFE Resins
FluonETFEFluonETFEMelt processable copolymers composed of tetrafluoroethylene and ethylene, Fluon® ETFE resins offer superior physical toughness and adaptability to meet the ranging needs of simple, high-quality, complicated and even high-performance products.
The fluoropolymers maintain stable mechanical and electrical properties while exposed to a wide temperature range from -200 °C to +150 °C. Superior tensile elongation and strength ensure no breakage by impact at room temperature. They are even resistant to low-temperature impact down to at least -80 °C. Tolerant to almost all
- Continuous use temperature of 150 °C
- Nonflammable material conforming to UL Standard 94V-0
- Show excellent chemical resistance to inorganic acids/bases and organic solvents
- FDA-compliant for Food Contact Notification (FCN) number 481
- Can be cross-linked with electron beam for increased toughness
- Food industry
- Wire and cable coating
- Film and sheets
- Semiconductor and electronic components
- Tubing and pipe
- Valves, fittings and pump housings
- Electrostatic and rotolined vessel linings
- Fuel hoses
About AGC Chemicals Americas Inc.
AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company Ltd., a $13 billion multinational corporation and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass, electronic displays and chemical products. The company was formed in 2004 through the merging of sister companies Asahi Glass Fluoropolymers USA and AGA
Chemicals. Headquartered in Exton, Pa., AGC Chemicals Americas maintains manufacturing operations in nearby Thorndale, Pa., and warehouses located throughout North America. www.agcchem.com