Featured Product from AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
PREMINOL has ultra-low monol content, high molecular weight ranging from 3,000-18,000, and a narrow molecular weight distribution. This provides good mechanical properties, high flexibility, good durability and good workability for coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomer applications
Can be applied to a wide variety of curable polymers by modifying the hydroxyl groups:
- Siding sealant (cement, composite board, sash)
- Reinforced concrete wall joint sealant
- Floor (wood, concrete) adhesive
- Decorative panel/Composite panel adhesive
- Roofing sealant
- Plasticizer for SMP formulations
- Industrial (Automotive/Transportation)
- Automotive interior and exterior adhesives
- Shipping container sealants
- Elevator assembly adhesive
- Electric component adhesive
- Optical Clear Resin/Optical Clear Adhesive
Polyols for Polyurethanes
Polyether polyols are key components used in the production of polyurethanes. AGC produces polyether polyol (PREMINOL™) from Propylene Oxide. Subsequently, AGC uses PREMINOL to produce silane modified polyether (EXCESTAR™) as a moisture-curable polymer. These polymers, available in the Americas, have high molecular weights exceeding 10,000. AGC employs an advanced catalyst process which results in polyols with ultra-low monol content, and a narrow molecular weight distribution.
Watch>>>AGC Group Overview
ABOUT AGC CHEMICALS AMERICAS
For almost a century, AGC Chemicals has been manufacturing high-performance materials serving industrial customers. Already the world's largest, longstanding custom compounder of PTFE and other fluoropolymer resins, AGC continues to build its product line with the introduction of FFKM resins that meet the growing demand for tougher, more durable products for today's production and manufacturing environments.