OPTO-FIRE™ Micro-Optical Transceivers
Featured Product from APITech
The API OPTO-FIRE™ micro-optical transceiver incorporates and improves critical data communication systems for military aircraft and commercial aerospace, land and sea vehicles, oil and gas, renewable energy and mining for reliable, improved data transfer performance.
This flexible product platform also provides fiber optic sensing & monitoring capabilities in systems where security, safety, and reliability are critical.
Designed to address the harsh environment market need for a retrofit solution designed to significantly reduce size and weight requirements in airborne, naval, and renewable energy applications, the OPTO-FIRE™ “optic core” offers a replacement for traditional copper cabling while delivering improved data transfer performance. Designed and manufactured in the U.K., this optoelectronic product platform offers some of the industry’s smallest footprints and an adaptable, protocol agnostic system design.
- Single channel core covers data transfer rates from 20Mbps to 12.5Gbps providing future proof system integration
- -50°C to 100°C expanded operating temperature for enhanced reliability
- Proven error free performance over 1.1km of multimode fiber
- Stable performance (<1dB Tx optical output) across the full operating temperature range
- Protocol agnostic giving flexibility to system design
- Ultra-low power consumption (100mW/channel @3.3V) for minimized power drain
- Single, dual, triple, and quad channel units are available on same micro footprint reducing integration dimensions
- Radiation Tolerant Circuitry for harsh environments
- ITAR FREE