AK5/AK7 ClearClock™ | Power-Optimized & Low Jitter
Featured Product from Abracon, LLC
Abracon's new ultra-low jitter (sub-80 typ.) AK5 and AK7 ClearClock™ XO series are ideal for the 100MHz to 212.50MHz frequency range. This next generation of ClearClock™ is designed to meet the needs of compact applications such optical modules, active cables and small networking and storage gear while maintaining the world’s highest data rates in excess of 10Gbps and up to 100/400Gbps.
Most network processors and advanced CPUs require ultra-low jitter for connectivity greater than 10Gigabits per second and up to 100Gbps. The AK5 (5.0 x 3.2mm) and AK7 (7.0 x 5.0mm) devices provide the best combination of ultra-low sub-80fs jitter performance in a small footprint. Typically consuming 30mW of power at the lowest operating voltage of 1.8V, the ClearClock™ line delivers industry-leading low power consumption for a low noise differential XO.
The AK5 and AK7 use a quieter third overtone architecture that avoids phase locked loop (PLL) based multiplication, reducing overall power consumption far below other high performance XO alternatives. For more information, read Abracon's newest white paper, which reviews the third overtone solution and how it differs from the typical PLL-based architecture.
The series covers all necessary differential output logic types (HCSL, LVDS, LVPECL). View Inventory.
- Exceptionally Low RMS Jitter: <80fs Typ (150fs Max @ 156.25MHz)
- Available in industry standard frequencies:
- AK5: 100MHz to 200MHz
- AK7: 100MHz to 220 MHz
- Lowest power consumption in its class: 16mA Typ LVDS @ 156.25MHz
- ±20ppm & ±25ppm stability: Over industrial operating temperatrue (-40 to +85ºC)
- 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.8V supply voltage options
- LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL differential outputs
- Available throughout Abracon’s Global Distributor Network
- PCI Express
- 10G/40G/100G Optical Ethernet
- Networking and Communication
- RF Systems & Base Stations (BTS)
- Data Center
- Test and Measurement