Glass Strengthening - Chemical & Heat Tempering
Service Detail from Abrisa Technologies
Abrisa Technologies' chemical strengtheningprocess toughens soda-lim, float and other borosilicate based glasss while keeping optical distortion to a minimum through a sodium and potassium ion exchange in a salt bath. Provides for:
- Enhanced break and damage resistance
- small mm sizes for sensors, large 46" for displays
- Best for glass 0.03 to 3 mm thickness
Heat tempering makes the glass stronger and safer than annealed or untreated glass and make the glass less likely to break through thermal shock.
- Thicknesses from 3.0mm to 19.omm
- Max size of 29" x 33"
- Small dice break pattern for safety
HIE Thin Aluminosilicate Glass Strengthening produces glass with 6 to 8x the strength of standard Flot glass. The HIE process delivers protection with a high modulus of ruypture and superior scratch and damage resistance.
- Asahi Dragontrail, Corning Gorilla Glass, SCHOTT Xensation & AS 87
- Displays, scanners, touchpads, windows
- Strong, lightweight & thin (0.1 to 2.0mm)
- Impact, scratch & bend resistant
- Resistant to temperature changes