Rack and Pinion Drive - Planetary Reducers
Product Announcement from Andantex USA, Inc.
They consist of two top quality planetary reducers mounted in parallel inside of a super rigid universal housing. Two integral output pinions engage the rack to allow preloading of the system and maximize the Stiffness on Rack. When choosing the mechanical preload solution, the DRP+ becomes a DualDRIVE unit, which achieves ZERO-BACKLASH by torsionally winding one pinion against the other through the rack. Only one motor is required to drive the axis simplifying motor control.
DRP+ becomes a TwinDRIVE when the Electrical preload solution is applied to cancel the backlash. In this case backlash is eliminated by using two motors; one to drive the axis and one to preload the axis.
- 5 Sizes
- In-Line or Right Angle arrangements
- Reduction ratios: 5 to 91
- Acceleration up to: 1000 in/s^2 (25 m/s^2)
- Nominal feed force up to: 24,000 Lbs. (105,000 N)
- Acceleration feed force up to 35,500 Lbs. (158,000 N)
- Max axis weight up to 200,000 Lbs. (90,000 kg)
- Max linear speed up to: 6000 in/min. (150 m/min)
- ZERO-BACKLASH by design