Viton O-Rings and Sealing Devices Guide
Featured Product from Arizona Sealing Devices, Inc.
Viton Sealing Device Compatibility
As with all sealants, it’s important to select a material that balances with any extreme environmental factors, harsh chemicals, and other relevant application factors. Viton offers the following resistances:
- Abrasion resistance: Good
- Dynamic resistance: Good-to-excellent
- Set resistance: Good-to-excellent
- Tear resistance: Fair-to-good
- Electrical properties: Fair
- Acid resistance: Excellent
- General chemical resistance: Good
- Impermeability: Good
- Oil resistance: Excellent
- Ozone resistance: Excellent
- Weather resistance: Excellent
- Water steam resistance: Fair-to-good
- Cold resistance: Fair
- Heat resistance: Excellent
- Flame resistance: Excellent
Viton Sealing Device Applications
Viton O-rings, gaskets, and other sealing devices can be used in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. These include applications with unique environmental factors, such as:
- Vacuumed environments: Viton withstands high pressures and explosive decompression forces, making it ideal for use in many automotive and aerospace systems.
- Contact with most acids and chemicals: While Viton isn’t suitable for use with acetone and some organic acids, it can withstand solvents, petroleum-based products, and more. Viton gaskets are frequently used in chemical processing centers and pharmaceutical manufacturing plants. It also handles contact with halogenated hydrocarbons, oil, silicone oil, petroleum fuels, and grease for seals in automotive vehicles, aeronautics equipment, and industrial equipment systems.
- Di-ester lubricants. Viton may be used with di-ester lubricants, which allows Viton O-rings and seals to function well in high-performance systems that require lubrication.
Some specific applications for Viton O-rings and seals include:
- Pneumatic seals
- Bearing isolators that create a barrier against lubricant leaks and contamination
- Non-contact labyrinth and clearance seals
- Axial static seals
Choose Viton Sealing Devices From Arizona Sealing Devices
Arizona Sealing Devices supplies high-quality O-rings, gaskets, and sealing solutions made from Viton, nitrile, fluorocarbons, and more. Choosing the proper material is crucial for O-rings and gaskets, especially if they operate in extreme environments or zero-failure applications. We help our customers through every stage of the material selection and manufacturing process.
We are an ISO 9001:2015/AS9120B-certified distributor and have been a leading O-ring supplier since 1989. Contact us today to learn more about our services and our commitment to excellent customer service. You may also browse our catalog to view our O-ring and sealing products.