2852-HCF Floating Oil Spill Alarm
Featured Product from Arjay Engineering
The 2852-HCF Floating Oil Spill Alarm provides reliable monitoring of sumps and containments for oil spills. For separated Oil-on-Water applications, Arjay offers the Hydrocarbon Float Sensor. The 2852-HCF monitors the surface of water in sumps, tanks, and lagoons to alert when oil has separated to the water surface. This is typically used to alert of spills or control pumps.
The 2852-HCF sensor monitors the surface dielectric and locks in on the capacitance of the water. Oil that separates to the surface changes the capacitance field and activates the relay alarms.
The 2852-HCF is typically used in sumps or containments where oil is not typically present. Normal sheens will not alarm but an upstream leak or spill that accumulates in the sump will alarm the monitor. The floating design allows the unit to track the changing water level in the sump and immediately alert operators, pumps or valves if there is an accumulation of oils.
Features and Benefits
- Stable tri-float design follows level changes
- Adjustable time delay and sensitivity to eliminate nuisance alarms
- Remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- Sensor available Intrinsically Safe for Hazardous Locations
- Waterproof PVC and SS wetted parts allow for use in harsh environments
- Unit also alarms on dry sump conditions to shut down pumps
- Capacitance technology responds to all types of oils and separated liquids of similar dielectrics
- Alarms at a minimum of 2 mm surface oil, can be desensitized to 25mm oil
- Floating sensor follows changing water levels
- Alarms on petroleum, synthetic, and vegetable oils
- Potted stable sensor eliminates nuisance alarms
View full product details here.
For more details contact us at 905-829-2418 or email email@example.com.