High surface area to depth ratio
Featured Product from Arjay Engineering Ltd.
Watch>>>>HydroSense 2410 - Overview
Features and Benefits
- The special UV absorbing flow plate sheens the water over a large surface area. The resulting high surface area to depth ratio provides many benefits.
• The sensitivity to oil molecules is increased by maximizing the optical viewing area
• The minimal depth discourages oil molecules from 'hiding' behind particulates in the water
• The large lamp source targets the water from multiple angles to get a representative sampling of all oil
• The large sample target area ensures a representative and stable snapshot of the water conditions
• The unit can tolerate suspended solids up to 400 mg/l
- non-contacting optics minimizes maintenance
- non-contacting sensor design minimizes system maintenance
- fluorescence technology is selective to petroleum hydrocarbons by targeting their aromatic faction
- continuous on-line monitoring without chemicals or lag time
- compensation for temperature and lamp degradation minimizes recalibration requirements
- alarm warns of impending lamp replacement
- long life lamp expectancy of 18 months
- continuous on-line monitoring reads the water 50 times/second with an averaged display update every one second
- no consumables or chemical used
- sample flow gravity outfalls to drain
- available with CSA Zone 2 approval or with NFPA/ATEX Pressurization Systems for Zone 2
- designed for harsh environments with a 316 SS housing
- no tools necessary for routine maintenance or lamp replacement
- the flow or power does not require to be turned off during routine maintenance
- flow chamber diversion system conditions and clarifies sample
- multi-point calibration available to customize response curves
- overflow baffle de-aerates bubbles
- certified to IMO MPEC.107(49) when interfaced with site logging and by-pass requirements
HydroSense 2410 ppm Oil in Water Monitor
On-line monitoring for ppm concentrations of petroleum oils in effluent and produced water
The HydroSense 2410 is the engineered combination of three unique designs by Arjay. The sensing chamber contributes a continuous controlled water sample while the optical sensor package hovers above the passing stream. The Arjay controller then monitors the multiple signals to provide a reliable ppm concentration output.
The HydroSense 2410 uses a UV fluorescence technique to target the aromatic component of the oil contamination. Through a site calibration this aromatic tag provides an indication relative to total oil.
A continuous sample flow is tapped or pumped off the process line and directed through the HydroSense chamber. It passes behind the non-contacting UV light source and is targeted with filtered light energy. The soluble and emulsified oils in the water will excite from this light energy and fluoresce light energy back out of the water at a signature wavelength. The intensity of light energy at this wavelength is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
The performance is based on the site calibration to a known hydrocarbon concentration in stable background water. Changes in hydrocarbon make-up and background stability may affect the output. Through a simple calibration, this unit correlates well with laboratory ISO and EPA methods.
Related Papers from our library:
Oil IN Water refers to products measuring the concentration (in ppm or %) of oil dissolved or emulsified oil in water.
Oil ON Water refers to products monitoring separated oil on the water surface.
Arjay Engineering has been designing and manufacturing process and environmental controls for over 20 years. Their main facilities are located in Oakville (Toronto), Canada. Support facilities are also located in Vancouver, Canada and Beijing, China. They are also supported by a network of product representatives throughout North America and in various regions of the world.
Arjay is not only able to provide their customers with manufactured products, but they also accommodate their customers by providing custom design and engineering services and control panel assembly. To enhance their services, Arjay invites you to share your application inquiry with them. Their core technologies and design flexibility may extend beyond the products listed. The opportunity to address your application ideas with their designs is welcomed. Arjay also invites you to contact them if your interests include a joint venture, re-sale, or representative opportunity.
Arjay manufactures under the following trade names:
- The Level-Ease Monitors and Controls
- The HydroSense Oil in Water Monitor
- The Arjay and Enmet Series line of Gas Detection Products