HydroSense 2410 ppm Oil in Water Monitor
Featured Product from Arjay Engineering
The HydroSense 2410 continuously monitors the water sample flowing through it for ppm concentrations of hydrocarbons. The display, signal output, and alarm can be configured within the 0-1000 ppm range. On-line monitoring for ppm concentrations of petroleum oils in effluent and produced water.
The HydroSense 2410 is the engineered combination of three unique designs by Arjay:
- The sensing chamber contributes a continuous controlled water sample
- while the optical sensor package hovers above the passing stream
- The Arjay controller then monitors the multiple signals to provide a reliable ppm concentration output
The HydroSense 2410 uses a UV fluorescence technique to target the aromatic component of the oil contamination. Through a site calibration, this aromatic tag provides an indication relative to total oil.
A continuous sample flow is tapped or pumped off the process line and directed through the HydroSense chamber. It passes behind the non-contacting UV light source and is targeted with filtered light energy. The soluble and emulsified oils in the water will excite from this light energy and fluoresce light energy back out of the water at a signature wavelength. The intensity of light energy at this wavelength is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
Features & Benefits:
- Special UV absorbing flow plate sheens the water over a large surface area. The resulting high surface area to depth ratio provides many benefits.
- Sensitivity to oil molecules is increased by maximizing the optical viewing area
- Minimal depth discourages oil molecules from ‘hiding’ behind particulates in the water
- Large lamp source targets the water from multiple angles to get a representative sampling of all oil
- Large sample target area ensures a representative and stable snapshot of the water conditions
- The unit can tolerate suspended solids up to 400 mg/lnon-contacting optics minimizes maintenance
- Non-contacting sensor design minimizes system maintenance
- Fluorescence technology is selective to petroleum hydrocarbons by targeting their aromatic faction
- Continuous on-line monitoring without chemicals or lag time
- Compensation for temperature and lamp degradation minimizes recalibration requirements
- Alarm warns of impending lamp replacement
- Long life lamp expectancy of 18 months
- Continuous on-line monitoring reads the water 50 times/second with an averaged display update every one second
- No consumables or chemical used
- Sample flow gravity outfalls to drain
- Available with CSA Zone 2 approval or with NFPA/ATEX Pressurization Systems for Zone 2
- Designed for harsh environments with a 316 SS housing
- No tools necessary for routine maintenance or lamp replacement
- The flow or power does not require to be turned off during routine maintenance
- Flow chamber diversion system conditions and clarifies sample
- Multi-point calibration available to customize response curves
- Overflow baffle de-aerates bubbles
- Certified to IMO MPEC.107(49) when interfaced with site logging and by-pass requirements
View full product details here.
Watch>>>> HydroSense 2410 - Overview
For more details contact us at 905-829-2418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arjay Engineering is a industry-leading designer and manufacturer of top-quality process and environmental control systems and oil-in-water monitors.
Arjay Engineering offers a unique and completely customized line of products in the environmental and process control field. Our products are used for a variety of jobs, including but not limited to:
- Oil in Water Monitoring
- Level Controllers
- Gas Detection
With over 40 years of manufacturing and engineering experience, we have extensive knowledge in the world of oil in water, capacitance, level controls and gas detection. In addition to our manufactured products, we also provide custom design and engineering services.
We have uniquely designed our products with advanced technology to help industries work better in environmentally sensitive areas. Our goal is to help you and your business achieve a consistent production level in the safest way possible. That is why we’ve manufactured our products with the best materials in the industry. We also maintain several industry certifications including Hazardous Location Approval and Certifications from CSA, UL, ATEX, IECEX, ABS and IMO.