Non-intrusive monitors for liquid handling systems
Featured Product from Arjay Engineering Ltd.
2852-DPM Dry Pump Monitor
Pipe monitoring for dry conditions to protect pumps and equipment
Combining the technology of capacitance with unique sensor designs provide non-intrusive monitors for liquid handling systems. The result is a low cost and low maintenance system to determine the presence or absence of product in a pipe or pump.
The 2852-DPM sensor monitors a cross sectional area of the pipe and locks in on the capacitance field of the fluid passing through. A change toward a dry condition or a liquid of a different dielectric will upset the capacitive field and initiate an alarm.
The sensing plates are embedded into a wafer flange which provides monitoring without any intrusion into the stream flow.
Features and Benefits
- wafer flange sensor for easy installation
- adjustable time delay and sensitivity to eliminate nuisance alarms from bubbles
- remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- Sensor available Intrinsically Safe for Hazardous Locations
- PVC wetted parts for corrosive environments
- capacitance technology responds to all types of liquids
- non-intrusive sensor design does not restrict flow
- capacitance technology responds to any liquid type
- no moving parts
- remote alarm unit mounts safely away from pipe
- no intrusion into stream flow
Operating Temp. -20?C to 55?C
Resolution .007% (07 pF at 1,000 pF)
Accuracy .04% o full scale pF
Power Input 12 vdc or 24 vdc or 100-240 vac /- 10%Alarm Relay 2 x 10 amp@240 vac, SPDT, dry
Analog Output 4 mA normal/20 mA alarm
Communication Modbus RS-485
Certified UL 61010-1, 2nd Edition
IEC/EN 61010-1, 2nd Edition
Enclosure Type 4/IP 66 painted steel or
Type 4X/IP 66 polycarbonate or SS
Optional Light, buzzer, beacon
Related Papers from our library:
Arjay Engineering has been designing and manufacturing process and environmental controls for over 20 years. Their main facilities are located in Oakville (Toronto), Canada. Support facilities are also located in Vancouver, Canada and Beijing, China. They are also supported by a network of product representatives throughout North America and in various regions of the world.
Arjay is not only able to provide their customers with manufactured products, but they also accommodate their customers by providing custom design and engineering services and control panel assembly. To enhance their services, Arjay invites you to share your application inquiry with them. Their core technologies and design flexibility may extend beyond the products listed. The opportunity to address your application ideas with their designs is welcomed. Arjay also invites you to contact them if your interests include a joint venture, re-sale, or representative opportunity.
Arjay manufactures under the following trade names:
- The Level-Ease Monitors and Controls
- The HydroSense Oil in Water Monitor
- The Arjay and Enmet Series line of Gas Detection Products