Oil-in-Water Monitor for Hazardous Locations
Featured Product from Arjay Engineering
HydroSense 2410 ppm Oil in Water Monitor
The HydroSense 2410 continuously monitors the water sample flowing through it for ppm concentrations of hydrocarbons. The display, signal output, and alarm can be configured within the 0-1000 ppm range. On-line monitoring for ppm concentrations of petroleum oils in effluent and produced water.
The HydroSense 2410 is the engineered combination of three unique designs by Arjay:
- The sensing chamber contributes a continuous controlled water sample
- while the optical sensor package hovers above the passing stream
- The Arjay controller then monitors the multiple signals to provide a reliable ppm concentration output
The HydroSense 2410 uses a UV fluorescence technique to target the aromatic component of the oil contamination. Through a site calibration, this aromatic tag provides an indication relative to total oil.
A continuous sample flow is tapped or pumped off the process line and directed through the HydroSense chamber. It passes behind the non-contacting UV light source and is targeted with filtered light energy. The soluble and emulsified oils in the water will excite from this light energy and fluoresce light energy back out of the water at a signature wavelength. The intensity of light energy at this wavelength is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
Features & Benefits:
- Special UV absorbing flow plate sheens the water over a large surface area. The resulting high surface area to depth ratio provides many benefits.
- Sensitivity to oil molecules is increased by maximizing the optical viewing area
- Minimal depth discourages oil molecules from ‘hiding’ behind particulates in the water
- Large lamp source targets the water from multiple angles to get a representative sampling of all oil
- Large sample target area ensures a representative and stable snapshot of the water conditions
- The unit can tolerate suspended solids up to 400 mg/lnon-contacting optics minimizes maintenance
- Non-contacting sensor design minimizes system maintenance
- Fluorescence technology is selective to petroleum hydrocarbons by targeting their aromatic faction
- Continuous on-line monitoring without chemicals or lag time
- Compensation for temperature and lamp degradation minimizes recalibration requirements
- Alarm warns of impending lamp replacement
- Long life lamp expectancy of 18 months
- Continuous on-line monitoring reads the water 50 times/second with an averaged display update every one second
- No consumables or chemical used
- Sample flow gravity outfalls to drain
- Available with CSA Zone 2 approval or with NFPA/ATEX Pressurization Systems for Zone 2
- Designed for harsh environments with a 316 SS housing
- No tools necessary for routine maintenance or lamp replacement
- The flow or power does not require to be turned off during routine maintenance
- Flow chamber diversion system conditions and clarifies sample
- Multi-point calibration available to customize response curves
- Overflow baffle de-aerates bubbles
- Certified to IMO MPEC.107(49) when interfaced with site logging and by-pass requirements
View full product details here.
Watch>>>> HydroSense 2410 - Overview
Follow us on:
Engineering and manufacturing process and environmental controls since 1984. Our products are used across all industries for oil in water monitoring, level control, gas detection, and more. They are uniquely designed with advanced technology to help industries work better in environmentally sensitive areas.