Volunteer with BICSI
Service Detail from BICSI
BICSI is your association. There are many opportunities for you to serve the ICT industry and to help shape your association. Please take a look at the opportunities below.
- Write and update BICSI design and installation technical manuals The Technical Information and Methods (TI&M) Committee is responsible for writing and updating the BICSI design and installation technical manuals. Learn more about the TI&M Committee.
- Do you live and breathe Codes? BICSI’S Codes Subcommittee is always interested in volunteers who have the drive and knowledge to work as a member of this Standards Subcommittee. Start learning more about Codes.
- Do you have an interest in writing technical articles? ICT Today, BICSI’s bi-monthly Journal is looking for writers to provide technical articles within the ICT industry. Check out our editorial schedule for topics of interest. Already have your topic chosen? Submit an abstract.
- Are you newly in the industry and wondering how you can help? The goal of the BICSI Emerging Professionals Group is to bring youth and diversity into the BICSI community through outreach programs tailored to their specific interests and needs. And, most importantly, our mission is to inspire current ICT professionals to join and become involved in the ongoing development of BICSI and our industry. Become an instrumental part of growing BICSI.
- Are you an experienced Installer or Technician? The Membership Outreach & Development Committees Technician Outreach & Education Subcommittee is looking for volunteers to help in a grassroots movement to recruit installers and technicians who want to become involved in the ICT industry and become a part of BICSI. Want to learn more?
- The BICSI Global Standards Program creates standards and guidelines for use in the design, installation and integration of information communications technology (ICT). BICSI standards are written to define current practices and drive improvement in quality and system performance over the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security and audio & video technologies, and encompass optical, fiber, copper and wireless-based distribution systems. Become involved in BICSI Standards.
- Other committee opportunities are available. Learn more.