Customize a fiber switch to almost any interface.
Featured Product from Black Box
Use these Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) Optical Transceivers to bring high-speed fiber and copper interfaces to any SFP slot. Because they come with different speeds, connectors, and types of media, they enable you to customize the SFP slot on your Ethernet switch to almost any interface, whether it’s copper or fiber. Plus, they’re hot-pluggable enabling you to change SFPs on the fly when your network requirements change.
The SFPs are rated for extreme operating temperatures of -40 to +85° C (except for the 10-GbE models) so you can use them with industrial switches and other equipment. Extended diagnostics enable the SFPs to also report information such as temperature, TX and RX power, voltage, and bias current. These transceivers are transparent to data, so they’re compatible with Ethernet, ATM, Fibre Channel, and more. The metal enclosure on the SFPs helps shield communications from EMI interference. They are compatible with SFP slots on most network devices.
Choose from multiple SFPs for single-mode and multimode fiber, from 1-Gigabit to 10-Gigabit networks.
SFPs, 155-Mbps Fiber with Extended Diagnostics
• Ideal for use with Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and 155-Mbps ATM.
SFPs, 1250-Mbps Fiber with Extended Diagnostics
• Support for throughput up to 1250 Mbps makes these SFPs ideal for use with applications such as 1000-Mbps Ethernet.
SFP with SerDes Interface, 1.25 Gbps, Copper, 1000BASE-T, Extended Diagnostics
• Brings a Gigabit copper interface to your Ethernet switch's SFP Slot.
• Compatible with devices with a SerDes cage that supports 1000-Mbps.
SFP with SGMII Interface, 1.25 Gbps, Copper, 10/100/1000BASE-T, Extended Diagnostics
• Compatible with devices with a SGMII Interface that support 10/100/1000-Mbps.
10GBASE-SR SFP+ with Extended Diagnostics, 850-nm Multimode, LC, 300 m
10GBASE-LR SFP+ with Extended Diagnostics, 1310-nm Single-Mode, LC, 10 km
• Support 10-GbE communications within the 9.95–11.32 Gbps range.
• Great for telecoms and enterprises requiring 10-GbE fiber extension.
• Both work with the Dynamic Fiber Conversion System:
– 10-GbE SFP+ to SFP+, 2-Slot Chassis
– 10-GbE SFP+ to XFP, 2-Slot Chassis or 2-Slot Modular Plug-in
– Gigabit/10-Gigabit Managed Fiber Ethernet Switch
Learn more about Black Box's networking products.
Questions? Contact Black Box's 24/7 FREE Tech Support at 724-746-5500.