Change Injection Molds Faster (SMED)
Featured Product from Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc.
Replace Threaded Solid Knockout Bars with Quick-Connect Couplings
FasTie Ejector Tie-In Couplers and Pull Studs connect press and injection mold ejector plates in a snap and disconnect with a burst of shop air. Sizes 1-inch through 3-inches accommodate presses up to 1,000 Tons.
>>>>Link to YouTube Animations.
In a typical installation, the FasTie coupler is installed into the press ejector plate. The quick-connect locking mechanism in the coupler snaps mechanically onto the mold-mounted stud during mold installation.
To release the ejectors, apply shop air to the coupler. The coupler opens to release the stud, disconnecting the press and tooling ejector plates. The coupler remains in the open position, ready for a new mold to be set.
For multiple ejector locations, an air manifold is recommended to release all couplers simultaneously.
Features and Benefits
- Faster Mold Changes
- Various Thread Sizes Available
- Flexible Modular Installation (Center Ejector or Multiple Knockouts)
- No Mold Modifications Required
- Reduced Wear, parts stay connected during molding cycles
- Connects Mechanically
- Disconnects Using Shop Air
- Retracts Completely for Full Ejector Stroke Utilization
- Hardened Steel Materials