A new style of viscosity measurement
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
The KEM EMS-1000S for CANNON offers a new style of viscosity measurement with cutting-edge technology and easy-to-use operation. It employs an electromagnetically spinning method, rotating a probe sphere in the sample by Lorentz force and measuring the speed. Intuitive and user-friendly software calculates the viscosity and displays results in graphic format, with a powerful search function and database for sample comparison.
The EMS-1000S is ideal for very small samples, allows reuse of precious samples, is suitable for anaerobic conditions and offers a short measuring time of only one second to one minute. The temperature range is 0 °C to 200 °C, with a viscosity range of 0.1 mPa.s to 100,000 mPa.s (depending upon the sample viscosity and sphere used).
Features include quick temperature adjustment; no cleaning required for increased efficiency; wide range of sample options; tiny sample amounts perfect for precious substances; built-in camera for real-time sample viewing.
Wide temperature range
- Temperature range of 0 °C to 200 °C, Stability within ± 0.1 °C
- Heats from 25 °C to 200 °C within 10 minutes
- Automation provides an alternative to labor-intensive manual testing and reduces operator to operator variability
Ideal for very small sample sizes
- Small required sample volume of only 300 μL, 700 μL or 90 μL
- Tiny samples are perfect for testing precious substances, with the ability to reuse samples
- Samples stay contamination-free during measurement
- Tests low viscosity samples like blood, beverages, proteins, inks and solvents, and high viscosity samples like polymers, resins, bitumen and heavy oils
Versatile measuring container and disposal
- No cleaning required - measurements performed in a disposable sample container
- Suitable for measurements under anaerobic conditions
- Sealed sample container allows sample measurements in an inert-gas atmosphere
- Ideal for samples needing a sterile environment, such as proteins. Autoclavable
- Examine the shear-rate dependency of the viscosity
Intuitive and user-friendly
- Displays results with an easy-to-use graphic user interface
- Easily compare measured data with a powerful search function and database
- Built-in camera provides real-time viewing of sample
- Camera also allows more accurate measurement by checking and adjusting the position and rotation status of the spherical probe
- Measuring time of only 1 second to 1 minute, depending on the viscosity of the sample
More information available here.
Follow us on:
CANNON Instrument Company
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.