Automated, single-sample, benchtop viscometer
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
miniAV® Single-Bath Kinematic Viscometer
For Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids
ASTM D445/D446, ISO 3104/3105, IP 71
miniAV® is a fully automated, single-sample, benchtop viscometer for D445 testing. The Ubbelohde-style tube covers a 100-fold viscosity range at values between 0.5 mm²/s (cSt) and 10,000 mm²/s (cSt) from 15 °C to 100 °C (with available options). Meets ASTM D446/ISO 3105 requirements.
- Formulated oil analysis
- Hydraulic oil analysis
- Additive analysis
- Marine fuel testing
- Base stock analysis
- Light and heavy fuel testing
- Crude oil testing
Features & Benefits:
D445 precision in a compact, robust design
- Temperature range: ambient to 100 °C (15 °C to 100 °C with available TE cooler)
- Viscosity range: 0.5 mm²/s (cSt) to 10,000 mm²/s (cSt)* in 100-fold increments (easily covering the range of 5 separate manual glass viscometers)
- Fits in roughly the same benchtop area as an analytical balance
- Optional environmentally friendly Peltier cooling requires no external refrigeration
- A well tested CANNON viscometer platform offers reliability and dependable support
Fully automated benchtop testing
- Automation provides an alternative to labor-intensive manual testing and reduces operator to operator variability
- Up to 12 determinations/hour
- VISCPRO® PC software enables one PC to manage and control up to four instruments
- User-configurable reports may be viewed, printed, saved and exported
Reduced consumable costs
- ASTM D446/ISO 3105 Ubbelohde-style tube reduces solvent usage and disposal costs by 50%
- Automated vial washing & drying enables reuse and reduces vial consumption
Simplified maintenance & test versatility
- Modular bath for easy maintenance access
- Operators physically replace tubes in minutes, eliminating the need for related service calls
- Single-point temperature calibration avoids tube recalibration costs and maximizes flexibility
- Instrument includes standard dual-solvent input
*Some upper viscosity measurements may be limited by test temperature and sample type. Fast run (10-fold range) tubes are also available.
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.