CMRV-4500 Low Temp Pumping Viscosity of Engine Oil
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
CANNON® Mini-Rotary Viscometer CMRV-4500 Instruction & Operation Manual
CANNON® CMRV-4500 Flyer
CMRV-4500 Mini-Rotary Viscometer
For Low Temperature Pumping Viscosity of Engine Oils
ASTM D4684, ASTM D3829, ASTM D6821*, ASTM D6896, SAE J300
The CMRV-4500 is a semi-automated mini-rotary viscometer for measuring low-temperature pumping viscosity from –5 °C to –40 °C. It has 9 test cells and is thermoelectrically-cooled via an external air/water heat exchanger
Features & Benefits:
Reliable and accurate results
- Meets requirements of ASTM D4684, ASTM D3829, ASTM D6821* and ASTM D6896
- Meets latest SAE J300 specifications for low-temperature pumpability
- Reliable and accurate temperature control from −5 °C to −40 °C
- High resolution optical encoder for digital detection of yield stress and viscosity
- Dry gas purge regulator maintains a frost-free environment throughout the precise, microprocessor-controlled cooling cycle
Compact, efficient design
- Benchtop unit measures yield stress and viscosity of drive line lubricants and engine oils
- Environmentally friendly (no freon gas), solid-state thermoelectric cooling removes temperature gradients to provide enhanced precision and uniform temperature across all 9 test cells
- Air/water heat exchanger provides a quiet, low-maintenance system without a need for potentially hazardous refrigerants
- High performance rotors with locking pins and carbon fiber shafts minimize test cell heat transfer
- Integrated drawer unit for convenient storage of CMRV accessories including rotors, weights, and cell caps.
- Windows®-based VISCPRO® software offers preconfigured profiles for each SAE-specified oil grade and referenced ASTM method as well as the option for custom cooling profile configuration
- Software provides graphical representation of cooling profiles
- Viscosity and yield stress are automatically calculated and stored or exported via built-in LIMS output
- Optional multi-unit interface kit permits networking and control of up to four CMRV units from a single PC
* With optional drive line rotor kit
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.